Are all HIMS AMEs made equal?

A

Anon

I’m about to start flight training, and The instructor I plan on flying with says it’s a good idea for me to get my medical before I start my training.

I can see that I’m going to have to go down the SSRI path and I’ve this forum enough to know That I am going to have to go down the pathway of being on the SSRI.

So I know I need to see a HIMS AME, And I know the best bet is to get all my ducks in a row so that my first submission to the FAA is hopefully one that gets approved for special issuance.

My Question is are all HIMS AMEsqualified to walk me down the sari pathway. Like can I just pick one from this big FAA list?

And will most HIMS AMEs Be attempting to get an approval for the SI On the first go around? Or do some of them just submit what they have and figure just as easy to wait for the FAA to make a decision?

I just don’t wanna wait for the FAA to deny it only to have to do whatever they say in reapply. If possible I’d like to just do whatever they’re going to need ahead of time and get it submitted.

Where are you located? Bruce Chien is in Illinois, and Lou Fowler are in Florida. Both are excellent when it comes to difficult medical certifications.

Dr. Bruce Chien (known as @bbchien on this site) is one of the 4 AME's who developed and championed the current SSRI approval protocols. He is a definite must to make contact with and determine how to proceed. And possibly contract with to get your medical done.

You can start the process by following this link and completing the contact form: http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com/how-to-start.html

... and some are good looking!
thread-without-pics-gif.5814

No mine didn’t do squat besides say, “call me when you figure this all out with the FAA.”

Got my medical after 9 months, but didn’t call him lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back