Anx/dep - what do they want?

A

anonymous

I have an unremarkable medical history except for being transgender with associated depression/anxiety symptoms (without SI/HI), treated with single-agent therapy, which have been markedly relieved by transition (s/p bottom surgery <5 yrs) and I am currently stable off antidepressants.

I have never been treated by a psychiatrist. I submitted a letter from the SSRI prescriber (a GP) clearing me after 60 days off meds--including a negative screen for depression--and the gender dysphoria report (a psychologist I only saw because the report required it; I am not currently diagnosable with gender dysphoria), and a letter from my surgeon. The FAA want "more detailed psychiatric notes" which do not exist because their assumptions do not reflect actual practice.

How am I meant to respond to this? Before my AME appointment I reached out to most of the "difficult case" guys and they either never responded or lost interest when they found out I was transgender.

Perhaps call the regional flight surgeon or Oklahoma City and explain to them that the records they are seeking don’t exist.

HIMS psychiatrist assessment
They are not going to accept this (dual diagnosis gender dysphoria + anxiety/depression without a psychiatrist. PCP might have done a terrific job, but no psychiatrist = no action....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back