Recurrent Depression Misdiagnosed

S

Secret Poster

Long time lurker first time poster.

10 years ago while coming off of an SSRI after 4 years experienced some delayed withdrawal syndrome coming off SSRI. Doctor at the time put in a diagnosis code of Recurrent MDD Depression. Didn’t go back on the stuff either. Really don’t want to have to go back on an SSRI after 10 years just to start flying. Haven’t had any episodes or issues since. Only this 1 episode if you don’t include withdrawal.

I’ve seen in past threads the “10 Year Successful Life Test”. Would the test work for disproving a reoccurring depression diagnosis that hasn’t reoccurred in 10 years?

It might. Depends on how good your documentation is and on the HIMS psychiatrist’s take.....

It might. Depends on how good your documentation is and on the HIMS psychiatrist’s take.....

A related question @bbchien, you’ve mentioned the 10 year successful life test many times.

“ten years has well documented:
successful life test
no events
no meds”

How does one properly well document a 10 year successful life test? What sort of records/documents are needed?

"Cards and letters"
"the supervisor recommendation letter- I have known pilot 445 since 2013 and he is reliable, independent, doesn't need supervision and is a relied-upon member of the team. When he requested this letter i was afraid he was shopping for a new job...We don't want to lose him" I actually have one of these.
Record of promotion.
Negative criminal background search....

Annual visits to a PhD. Psychologist....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back