My Airport wedding!

Mail order bride delivered by FedEx?
Episode Five of the series on the restoration of Fokker Super Universal CF-AAM includes a 1934 wedding in the Yukon Territory where the bride flew in amoungst the boxes an barrels. Said they had 50 wonderful years after that.

My wife and I had the wedding at the church, but the reception was at the FBO.

All transients were welcome and invited to help themselves to the food. If I remember there was probably 5 or 6 planes that came through that day.

Ya know...if you want us to focus on the engagement photo, you shouldn't be putting a beautiful Cardinal in the shot!

We had a crystal Navion on the top of our wedding cake. We bought the plane three years before we got married.

Congratulations!

My wife and I married at the church but we did take our engagement photos with the plane. She's not a pilot but does enjoy flying with me.
View attachment 101119

Wow, she's beautiful! Sure wish you and the woman hadn't been in the way so we could see her better.

;)

That’s awesome @Huckster79! My only regret from my wedding is not pursuing the opportunity to fly away from the grass strip across the road from the church. I did include aviation in my proposal though!
upload_2021-10-21_19-21-40.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-21_19-18-8.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-21_19-18-8.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 2
That’s awesome @Huckster79! My only regret from my wedding is not pursuing the opportunity to fly away from the grass strip across the road from the church. I did include aviation in my proposal though!

Same here. Kind of hard to read in this pic though, lol.

J1bUnUFqy_zR0LzZRic46C5RAY4jlunAU6lSmjPFdAguRZ63a1sNRLQHVSlVJoIz1C9izWS9J6pfclW-D3EY5ZOgNJ5Np7sB6W13BTDOw60n_AtiEBqNiBEGtUXAq9qA8E7NcbIC9Yv2wBpaMMbV7CLU5Cw0PJeYOKNX0EuoRQuc0nd7GUSR0kjjhXwGU1dqiYyKS-2JTW-olUCX_qo5jVLtQmuDMQQWRPM-BfTxXGSjMcx2WKfyPrWxXAxWzprY5eH787Avxg3kl3cub7C2bmYqTzpa2XEDiw7uIC7peMEpJsHzs1dnA6V2ng-8cww-ElA1ZbB78NAvyJeb_UxrWAa0RW-EK9hInT2QKA190ZnKFzXD4hsw-M3yCXfgKXKD-1DM3BLpv4aQRrNZvAUSiK8rIp_96lWrqcQZNlWjp5hKj0CikRWI3P9UFZo8NT5N_vw3jZGoZQa86pRIOHybfpxNU6C6hAJcOd3aElgAWhfXmznK_QDdwtY7wsXOQqQPhGH3fxEI4rqKrfhZu2GQqHgXLdWyCrE_BFxJ46ePMtL7qxbSFRBg6WXRKl863q--1H_s0nKtG1tR3X5Vq0zhNNGIB5HVllwEKhg_bOQqwb9xDTwznItQJrDsvi9OcF40G7hL9iaXsfs0r8DvfZWOdrr3yYcGN7mNsqKgoXkuMmRiCwWmkkPHVwFGeksmecTTQpEfq55G3PQRvaidn7PKVTs=w1410-h1057-no

Amazon has plastic fishing bobbers 25 for $10.00, what'cha think, 200-300 to spell it out?

Keeping them strung together to form a legible word might be the bigger challenge, lol. My pic was taken on a second pass from higher up at the request of my (now) wife. The first pass was a bit lower, and her family is in the boat out in front of their dock. We landed at a nearby airstrip and had a champagne toast with the family. Turned out pretty well. I used the red tarp for about 5 or 6 years after that, and the wife made me keep the white duct tape lettering on it.

Keeping them strung together to form a legible word might be the bigger challenge, lol. My pic was taken on a second pass from higher up at the request of my (now) wife. The first pass was a bit lower, and her family is in the boat out in front of their dock. We landed at a nearby airstrip and had a champagne toast with the family. Turned out pretty well. I used the red tarp for about 5 or 6 years after that, and the wife made me keep the white duct tape lettering on it.
Remember the old Gilligan's Island episode where the Professor determined that a space flight would travel overhead? The castaways wrote "SOS" in logs and set them ablaze but Gilligan crashed into it and it read "SOL" to the astronauts?

Remember the old Gilligan's Island episode where the Professor determined that a space flight would travel overhead? The castaways wrote "SOS" in logs and set them ablaze but Gilligan crashed into it and it read "SOL" to the astronauts?

Are you telling us that’s how you ended up married to an astronaut?

We weren't married at an airport, but we honeymooned at Oshkosh (followed by hitting up all the FLW attractions in Wisconsin/Chicagoland).

I've been to two weddings at Oshkosh. One was Jim Weir's next to last one and the other was another friend whose reception was at one of the homebuilder's dinners.

We weren't married at an airport, but we honeymooned at Oshkosh (followed by hitting up all the FLW attractions in Wisconsin/Chicagoland).

I've been to two weddings at Oshkosh. One was Jim Weir's next to last one and the other was another friend whose reception was at one of the homebuilder's dinners.
If you have never been to the Pietenpol gathering just before Oshkosh in Broadhead (south of Madison) Wisconsin each year check it out.

Gilligan's Island was a little before my time. I do remember seeing a few episodes on Nick-at-Night though, lol.

I was at a small airstrip in Bavaria a few years ago. The place was abuzz with activity on that summer Sunday -- tourists (including me) queueing for rides in an Antonov An-2; microlights buzzing around; skydivers cramming into and jumping out of a blue Caravan. Overhead a yellow Super Cub was towing a banner, "Willst du mich heiraten [Will you marry me]?”

Well, it didn't take place at the airport, but my neighbor from across the street had his wedding reception on Lake HIckory and the bride and the groom arrived in the plane (so I guess that made the place an airport)....
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 11.13.42 AM.png

First date with non-pilot med was a flight over Niagara Falls .

She came to like airplanes but hates doors and windows.

Stearmans, Waco’s ,Breezy’s are big on her list !

Wedding toast included “ Maybe you cylinders exceed 70 over 80 and your

Blood Pressure be 120/80 or less!”

Back