The two facts, one lie game

Okay by process of elimination, 3?

You got it. Number 3 is on my aviation goals list, but I haven't done it yet. You're up. The people here have quite the unique list of experiences under their belts!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Okay. Hmm, where do I go with this.

1. I have fallen out of a Blackhawk helicopter.

2. I have met the last three California governors personally.

3. I am a USCF Class C, category 3, master in chess.

I'll go with #2, only because I don't have the stomach for it.

Nauga,
unstated

I love Arnold. The other two... let's not get in to the details. Yes, I have met Arnold on a few occasions, Jerry Brown on one and Newsome... I worked for that mother****er. Long story. PM me if you want the details. I don't want to go political. So yes, I have met all three.

Okay, here goes.

On separate occasions I have enjoyed lunch and dinner, during which we discussed aviation and flying small planes, with...

1) Burt Rutan
2) Col. Joe Kittinger
3) Astronaut Story Musgrave

#2, Kittinger

Nauga,
plummeting

Ding ding! Got it in one. You're up!

I'd love to meet Joe someday. Fascinating local character. From high-altitude parachute jumps to record-setting baloonist, he's led quite the life. He was associated for quite a while with Rosie O'Grady's Flying Circus (restaurant and bar in Orlando) as the VP of flight operations.

Burt and Story are charming and funny, and both like just BSing about planes and flying. Story is knocking out his multi-engine seaplane rating at Jack Brown's right now, next door to KGIF where I'm hangared. He needs the rating so he can fly his AirCam. https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2021/january/pilot/astronaut-in-an-aircam

Last one for me:

I have met and conversed with Elon Musk
I have met and conversed with Larry Page
I have met and conversed with Lisa Nowak

Nauga,
from where the names be fallin' like bricks

Do donuts in your 172 as much as you like. Just don’t cut them in half.

#2 Larry Page
*ding* Winner! I've met him several times in the course of work but we've never spoken 1-1. Musk I met when interviewing at SpaceX, back when he personally interviewed most of the candidates. By the time I got to a 1-1 with him I (and the interview panel!) had already decided I wasn't a good fit for the role, so we spent ~30 minutes talking about designing and testing weird airplanes. I was relieved, he was bored. #3 was covered in post #177.

Nauga,
just another blob on someone's schedule

Speaking of interviewing...

1.) I once was interviewed by a three star admiral.
2.) I've ridden a motorcycle faster than my Mooney flies in cruise speed (150kts).
3.) I've been in four musicals.

Speaking of interviewing...

1.) I once was interviewed by a three star admiral.
2.) I've ridden a motorcycle faster than my Mooney flies in cruise speed (150kts).
3.) I've been in four musicals.

#3.

# 1 is the lie, although it’s also a partial truth. The admiral was a four star when I interviewed for the position.

yeah... I figured a "crazy" motorcycle rider has certainly been above 150.... I was just a normal motorcycle rider & I got close to that!
ok.....

1) I've gone swimming 250 ft deep
2) I'm a PPL holder, never commercial or ATP, and I have Boeing 777 stick time logged in my log book.
3) I once met Col. Sanders (the old guy on the KFC logo)

I'm going to guess the lie is #3... maybe because you've met a different Col. named Sanders who was not the KFC guy, or some other witticism.

I'm going to guess the lie is #3... maybe because you've met a different Col. named Sanders who was not the KFC guy, or some other witticism.

...or maybe Sanders was only a Lt. Col. at the time. ;)

nope, that one is true. When I was a kid he was at a hydroplane power boat race in Iowa. I think it was the year that dad's boat (he was USCG) anchored in the middle of the "track" and there was crew family and some VIP's on board

yeah... I figured a "crazy" motorcycle rider has certainly been above 150.... I was just a normal motorcycle rider & I got close to that!
ok.....

1) I've gone swimming 250 ft deep
2) I'm a PPL holder, never commercial or ATP, and I have Boeing 777 stick time logged in my log book.
3) I once met Col. Sanders (the old guy on the KFC logo)

1. You don't go "swimming" that deep. Even sport diving.

yep.... that's the lie... I stretched it a bit. My deepest was 240 ft, when I was training for trimix scuba...the bottom of 40 fathom grotto in Florida

Okay I guess I'm up.

1. I messed up California Governor Jerry Brown's dinner plans.

2. I was my division champion M60 gunner and third in USAEUR.

3. I have roasted an iguana and eaten it

1 Lotta people did number 1, and a sewer expert would have a lead in that race.
2, division champ is not too hard, but USAEUR would be very tough. Lie
3 Iguana is good, the Asians eat them, you did that in Viet Nam.

1 Lotta people did number 1, and a sewer expert would have a lead in that race.
2, division champ is not too hard, but USAEUR would be very tough. Lie
3 Iguana is good, the Asians eat them, you did that in Viet Nam.

Nope, true, third in USAEAR.

My name is on the first escutcheon on the Commanding Generals permanent trophy, Southern European Task
Force, with the M 1 Garand. Small personal trophy at home. 6,000 men in the competition.

Okay I guess I'm up.
1. I messed up California Governor Jerry Brown's dinner plans.
2. I was my division champion M60 gunner and third in USAEUR.
3. I have roasted an iguana and eaten it
I'm gonna go with #3.

1.) I got ramp checked as a student pilot, and my CFI didn't have his certificate with him.
2.) I was an SCCA regional autocross champion in the 90s.
3.) Several thousand ham radio operators use products that I designed.

Back