Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

ad8bcb55948105e47957a2ee7410f6da.jpg

As I was waiting for my flying club's front desk person to process the fuel receipts from my Phoenix trip this morning, one of the club cats knocked the single piece of candy out of its bowl and onto the floor. I picked it up and put it back in the bowl, so the cat did it again. This happened two more times before she was apparently satisfied with her day's work. It occurred to me that she was getting me to play fetch. She showed me who's boss! :D

(True story:)
A couple of friends were visiting, and we took a trip to Homer, Alaska. As we neared Homer, we tuned in to the maritime weather report on the radio...
"North Katchemak Bay, winds 10 knots, seas 3 feet. South Katchemak Bay, winds 15 knots, seas 3 feet. Seldovia, winds 10 knots, seas 2 feet..." droned the voice on the radio.

My friend was getting more and more visibly agitated as the radio broadcast droned through various locations. Finally, she could take it no longer...

"Why are these radio people obsessed with Nazi's ??!" she said.

(It makes more sense if read aloud.)

(True story:)
A couple of friends were visiting, and we took a trip to Homer, Alaska. As we neared Homer, we tuned in to the maritime weather report on the radio...
"North Katchemak Bay, winds 10 knots, seas 3 feet. South Katchemak Bay, winds 15 knots, seas 3 feet. Seldovia, winds 10 knots, seas 2 feet..." droned the voice on the radio.

My friend was getting more and more visibly agitated as the radio broadcast droned through various locations. Finally, she could take it no longer...

"Why are these radio people obsessed with Nazi's ??!" she said.

(It makes more sense if read aloud.)
Wow, I'm old, that took some work...

OK, that took me a little time, and I'm glad I didn't jump right in to say the answer was wrong. Clever!
Well, 'You probably won't probably won't believe it but the answer is 5' is a sentence and sentences end with a punctuation. The ! here is meant as mathematical symbol, not an exclamation point. So the sentence isn't complete. It should be "...5!." I call 'foul' on this one.

Two plus two does equal five if you have sufficiently large quantities of two.

Back