The two facts, one lie game

Looks like I get to go again then. I'll stop answering after this:

1. The kid next door to me growing up became a Super Bowl winning Tight End in the NFL.
2. I went to high school with Beyonce.
3. I own an American flag that has been to space.

Sorry for the confusion, but does "nope" mean no, you haven't flown a nose gear plane, or does it mean I guessed wrong?
Sorry,"nope" means that guessing that "1) I have NEVER piloted an airplane with a nose wheel." was a lie is incorrect, since it is true.

Sorry,"nope" means that guessing that "1) I have NEVER piloted an airplane with a nose wheel." was a lie is incorrect, since it is true.

Ah, right, the double negative threw me, but I get it now.

Carry on.

Looks like I get to go again then. I'll stop answering after this:

1. The kid next door to me growing up became a Super Bowl winning Tight End in the NFL.

Looks like I get to go again then.
I'm not the umpire, but I didn't see you tag second base :) 's okay...

I'll stop answering after this:
Why, the Twenty-Second Amendment does not apply to two truths one lie...

SWAG: #3 as the cost of space travel makes them rare. (Although some foreign diplomat put a moon rock given as an official gift up for sale on e-bay...)

Ah, right, the double negative threw me, but I get it now.

Carry on.

Triple negatives are much more clear--they get you back to the original intent.

Which, for no good reason, made me wonder why control towers don't give "Bugmasher123, perform a 180 for spacing" instructions when the pattern gets too full of student pilots, or Jerry. It would solve a lot of problems, at least for awhile.

I actually did go to high school with Beyonce. I grew up in Illinois but ended up moving to Houston my senior year. I got accepted into their fine arts magnet school for that last year. Beyonce was there as a freshman. I have the yearbook to prove it.

That one year I had to take a language class (was not required in Illinois) so I ended up taking freshman French as a senior. I always wonder if Beyonce was in class with me. Otherwise I don't think we ever crossed paths. I was in the symphony and she was in choir.

SWAG: 3 as the cost of space travel makes them rare. (Although some foreign diplomat put a moon rock given as a gift on e-bay...)
You are correct. It is my brother who owns that flag. After having moved to Houston my senior year, we went to church with a space shuttle pilot. As part of my brother's Eagle Scout achievement, the astronaut took an American Flag with him on his next shuttle mission and presented it to my brother. I own a flag that has been flown over the Capitol Building, but had not been taken to space.

As for number 1, my next door neighbor was Owen Daniels. He played tight end for many years for the Texans, then Baltimore and then finished his career winning a Super Bowl with Payton Manning and the Broncos. Owen caught the first pass of the game for the Broncos in that Super Bowl.

1. I'd love to travel back in time 100 years (after visiting a coin shop and exchanging a bunch of cash).
2. I routinely ignore "Solo from front seat only" placards.
3. I have pieces of an Aeronca C-3 in my hangar, including a data plate.

Imma guess #2 is the lie.
Sorry. I weigh 125 lbs.. The moron who did the numbers on the "remanufactured" TCDSs (Fraudulent... Fake TCDSs actually-- since the changes are provably part of an IT modification of the legal prior TCs and ATCs printed in the FR.) made beucoup errors. If I fly either of my pals Piper or T-craft, sitting in the front seat puts the airplane out of envelope. But sitting in the back seat they fly quite nicely.

Makes sense. These "CLM"s were minor modifications of the OLMs. Two and sometimes three place parasols that placed the variable load AT the CG point.

Last edited:
I'll guess #3 then.
Ding Ding Ding...
I truly wish I had an Airknocker in my hangar... Alas, I do not, nor do I have parts of one. I am (I think) two degrees of separation (I know someone who knows him) from someone who restored-- as in rebuilt from a pile of rust and a valid data plate one-- a beauty in navy blue and orange.

Your turn...

Last edited:
1. I've done a donut in a C172
2. I've been to the north pole. Three times.
3. I've jumped out of a fixed-wing aircraft below 700 feet.

I'll guess 2. The North Pole has just been open water for a while, you can't really "go" there anymore.

Edit: too late.

Okay, this is gonna be lame because I can't think of a good lie.

1) I have not seen my best friend face-to-face.
2) I am related to the 7th tallest man in U.S. history.
3) I did two barrel rolls with my instructor in a Super Decathlon (and I'm only a student pilot. )

3) I did two barrel rolls with my instructor in a Super Decathlon (and I'm only a student pilot. )
Easy... #1 BECAUSE "your best friend" has a propeller, wings, a fuselage, and an empennage... but no face.

Easy... #1 BECAUSE "your best friend" has a propeller, wings, a fuselage, and an empennage... but no face.
That's a good one! I'll have to remember it for next time. But #1 is a truth.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Something only a blond Swede would say.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
Dirty blonde-- take that as you will :) -- grandpa was from Saint Petersburg, a teenaged Sea Cadet on a Russian freighter that was loading American grain in Galveston Texas when the February Revolution took place. The ship's officers decided to wait, then they sought refuge in the United States. So, grandpa, to his great fortune was stranded here. (The Bolsheviks killed my great grand parents.)

My wife was gifted a space-flown (Discovery) flag on her retirement form the Smithsonian Air and Space museum. I looked up the mission date on the award and found it was a mission I has actually seen land at Edwards.

Okay by process of elimination, 3?

I lost lock on this one. Has anyone picked 2 because who has such a list?

Cheers

Back