If you're going to take off from a road, don't hit the police car...

My take away is that a high speed taxi may be one of the worst ways ever to measure distance across the ground.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly happened to the car. It looks like the light bar was sliced off the car's roof and ended up on the plane's left wing. If that's so, I'm wondering why the car's rear window shattered.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly happened to the car. It looks like the light bar was sliced off the car's roof and ended up on the plane's left wing. If that's so, I'm wondering why the car's rear window shattered.

Im guessing the wing hit the top of the window, then rode up on the roof, taking the light bar with it. Alternately, it may have put enough downward pressure on the roof to pop the window. They’re not overly difficult to break. I personally observed a fighting suspect break one with his forehead. And no, that’s not a tongue in cheek reference to the officers using his head as a ram…he broke free and did it himself before they got their hands back on him.

Ok folks, this is why you always have police vehicles remain clear of the road everytime you are taking off from the road... They are gonna want to park on the shoulder which might not leave enough room for the wing to clear. :lol::lol:

Back