SD card for Garmin

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Just checking....any quality SD card works for the database on the 175/355/375 GPS, right?

Of course now I need the serial number [and system ID] of the unit which is 30 miles away....Database expired before I had a chance to fly other than bringing the cherokee home. Thought I got a freebee but can't find any coupon or anything.

Last edited:
The size of the SD card matters, I think. You need the System ID, not the serial number. The System ID is related to the config module chip inside the connector. You can get the System ID from the system page on the screen.

Just checking....any quality SD card works for the database on the 175/355/375 GPS, right?

Of course now I need the serial number [and system ID] of the unit which is 30 miles away....Database expired before I had a chance to fly other than bringing the cherokee home. Thought I got a freebee but can't find any coupon or anything.
You do get a freebie. If you can't find the coupon call Garmin and they'll give you one anyway.

You do get a freebie. If you can't find the coupon call Garmin and they'll give you one anyway.
Nope, they didn't. The "complimentary update" is the one the dealer installs when they deliver the airplane. Which was really close to the end of the 28 day cycle.

Bah humbug. I even had to to out and buy a couple SD cards. After paying 5 figures, you'd think they'd throw in a measly $10 SD card.

Nope, they didn't. The "complimentary update" is the one the dealer installs when they deliver the airplane. Which was really close to the end of the 28 day cycle.

Bah humbug. I even had to to out and buy a couple SD cards. After paying 5 figures, you'd think they'd throw in a measly $10 SD card.
Interesting. I had my 355 installed and I went beyond my 90 day coupon. Called them up and they gave me a new one. I don't think my dealer installed any nav updates. I got the coupon in all the documentation the dealer handed me.

Interesting. I had my 355 installed and I went beyond my 90 day coupon. Called them up and they gave me a new one. I don't think my dealer installed any nav updates. I got the coupon in all the documentation the dealer handed me.
I'll have to look at the paperwork from the dealer, but that's not going to happen until the weekend.

They do. I'll bet your dealer pinched it.

Back