Connecting Adroid with Garmin Pilot to GDL52R

thito01

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tony T
I just had a 52R installed. I have Garmin Pilot running on Android. It appears that it pairs, but I can't connect. The installer can connect using an iPad or an iPhone. The installer does not have any experience with Android. Before I start a support issue with Garmin, I thought I would ask here if anyone has seen this issue before.

Tony T.

I just had a 52R installed. I have Garmin Pilot running on Android. It appears that it pairs, but I can't connect. The installer can connect using an iPad or an iPhone. The installer does not have any experience with Android. Before I start a support issue with Garmin, I thought I would ask here if anyone has seen this issue before.

Tony T.
There is a step that Garmin left out. Once paired, you need to go into the conext menu and hit the all devices tab. Scroll down to your GDL52 and select it. It will then connect every time!

Thanks. I will try that asap.
Tony T.
Yeah, it drove me nuts until I submitted a support ticket to Garmin. He sent me an email with step by step instructions and screen shots. Told me that they had left out one key step in the instructions. When I went to all devices and selected my transponder, it all started to work! Hope this works for you, if so, glad I could help!

Back