Foreflight Downloads problem

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Foreflight shows that there is one Download available, first pic. Then when Downloads is selected, there aren’t any, second pic, post #2. This has been going on for a week or so now.

upload_2021-10-19_10-43-58.png

Failing that I would brace for a full erase of all DLs and then reinstall.

No need to over react. I have used FF for years...this happens on occasion.

As long as your databases are current, nothing to worry about.

I have seen updates to the business directory and airport construction arrive as single updates and load really fast.

I have the same issue from time to time. I’ve tried turning off WiFi /closing and opening app /etc

nothing seems to work except loading in a new route to somewhere far away and then downloads reset after downloading Alaska or whatever

ymmv

I have the same issue from time to time. I’ve tried turning off WiFi /closing and opening app /etc

nothing seems to work except loading in a new route to somewhere far away and then downloads reset after downloading Alaska or whatever

ymmv
I already have the whole US so 'packing' for a flight beyond my usual update coverage wouldn't be it. This all started if I remember correctly when this update came in a while back. It was in between the usual Chart Cycle. I'll wait and see what happens after the next 'Cycle' update. https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/portland-class-b.134708/#post-3157838

Last edited:
The plot thickens. Started out with 5 this time. When I selected Downloads it started doing something immediately, just for a couple seconds, then changed to 4. The pic below shows the first of those 4 being downloaded. Look at the progress bar lower left. When I first selected Downloads, that progress bar was active for the ‘couple seconds’ mentioned above. It was just after that, the 5 changed to 4. I have, and have always had, Background Downloads and Automatic Downloads OFF.
Damn, lost the copy on the pic.

Back