Family friendly pilot jobs in Milwaukee

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hi all,

As many of you know, I've been working for a small 135 operation for the last 2.5ish years. We're growing quickly, though, and in need of pilots.

For FOs, minimums are Commercial ASEL, instrument, and 1,000 hours. 1st class medical required. Preferred: Bachelor's degree, CFI, multi rated, and 135 PIC minimums (1200 total, 500 xc, 100 night, 50 actual instrument).

There are quick upgrades to captain possible for those with at least 135 PIC minimums and a year of prior turbine 135/121 experience.

Here's a few of the great things about working here:

1) We fly only new, glass cockpit equipped, turbine powered airplanes. Our oldest aircraft is a 2019.

2) Very family friendly. I work in the office and have cut back my flight hours, but when I was on the schedule as a full time pilot, I did only 1-2 overnights per QUARTER. The vast majority of our flying is return to base same day. Also, no last-minute callouts, and no "on call". You'll be on the schedule 5 days a week, and if you haven't been assigned a flight by 6 PM the night before, you are released from duty for the next day unless you're the reserve pilot that day.

3) Great company culture - It's a really fun place to work.

4) Great safety culture. We don't cut corners. We have an excellent in-house maintenance department.

5) Excellent benefits, including 401K and equity incentive program.

If you have any questions, feel free to post, shoot me a PM, or text/call me at (414) 305-2447.

To apply, send your resume to careers@jetout.com and feel free to say I sent you!

Last edited:
Going to forward to a buddy of mine. He’s close with the hours or past. He has a great head on his shoulders and born to fly.

I too forwarded this on to a young man that was just on the cusp of jumping to the big boys when Covid hit. He is now flying turbine stuff doing aerial survey of some sort.

L

For those of you forwarding - Please PM names to me as well so I can connect them with where they came from. Thanks!

So you're saying 430 hours plus "nice guy" doesn't get me there? Dang it.

Sadly, the insurance guy isn't swayed by nice guys. :(

But if you're that nice, surely your friends will help you get to 1000 hours as fast as possible. :D

Hi all,

As many of you know, I've been working for a small 135 operation for the last 2.5ish years. We're growing quickly, though, and in need of pilots.

For FOs, minimums are Commercial ASEL, instrument, and 1,000 hours. 1st class medical required. Preferred: Bachelor's degree, CFI, multi rated, and 135 PIC minimums (1200 total, 500 xc, 100 night, 50 actual instrument).

There are quick upgrades to captain possible for those with at least 135 PIC minimums and a year of prior turbine 135/121 experience.

Here's a few of the great things about working here:

1) We fly only new, glass cockpit equipped, turbine powered airplanes. Our oldest aircraft is a 2019.

2) Very family friendly. I work in the office and have cut back my flight hours, but when I was on the schedule as a full time pilot, I did only 1-2 overnights per QUARTER. The vast majority of our flying is return to base same day. Also, no last-minute callouts, and no "on call". You'll be on the schedule 5 days a week, and if you haven't been assigned a flight by 6 PM the night before, you are released from duty for the next day unless you're the reserve pilot that day.

3) Great company culture - It's a really fun place to work.

4) Great safety culture. We don't cut corners. We have an excellent in-house maintenance department.

5) Excellent benefits, including 401K and equity incentive program.

If you have any questions, feel free to post, shoot me a PM, or text/call me at (414) 305-2447.

To apply, send your resume to careers@jetout.com, or apply via LinkedIn or Indeed.com.

Great opportunity for the right person. If only I lived closer. LOL!!! Pretty sure my current 135 employer is about to fold. Good luck.

Last edited:
Think it’s all newer TBM’s. More importantly, how much $? I’d fly a tri-motor for the right price. :)

Are there really professional pilot jobs out there like this? I might have to reconsider my career... too bad I live a thousand miles away from Milwaukee

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! We interrupt your regularly scheduled thread to bring you this following (albeit not very important) anecdote:

I got to fly one a tiny bit... was pretty cool and VERY nostalgic.

Tail comes up with the throttles, and settles down after you stop (practically). The rest of the flight is ALL the same attitude. It’s hilarious! More snot it elevates up, less and it elevates down. Pretty close to a ginormous Pietenpol. The gear is wider than the wingspan of a Sonex, so that’s not much of an issue.

However, a gust of wind from a two double AA battery powered whirly gig will pick a wing up... it REALLY ain’t done flyin until you are STOPPED!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

please open a location in charlotte and you will have my resume asap. thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Are there really professional pilot jobs out there like this? I might have to reconsider my career... too bad I live a thousand miles away from Milwaukee

Is this sarcasm? Turbine 135 jobs are a dime a dozen. Google the pay though before you quit your day job.

Is this sarcasm? Turbine 135 jobs are a dime a dozen. Google the pay though before you quit your day job.

Turbine 135 jobs that are family friendly? I thought those didn't really exist, but I don't really know a ton about the industry.

Bump! Great response so far, but we're still looking to fill out our February class. I'm going to edit the OP as well.

3 years from now me, @NealRomeoGolf, and @kaiser will all be working for Kent lol
It’s funny… I always thought when I got really tired of my desk job I’d go be a commercial pilot to the end of days. As a part of my current “job adjustment process” my wife and I discussed whether that jump should take place now. We concluded that because I don’t have a lot of hours (not quite NRG level), it wouldn’t be the right move.

But we did agree to start my CSEL (to be followed by CMEL)… baby steps!

I'm 36 and pushing 500 hours. It's my dream to transition to a second career in something like this when I'm 40. I'm sure it is modest pay, but that's what I'm planning for an encore career.

Think it’s all newer TBM’s. More importantly, how much $? I’d fly a tri-motor for the right price. :)
"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia... (truncated)
The Grumman TBF Avenger, designated TBM for aircraft manufactured by GM, is an American torpedo bomber used by several air and naval services around the world until the 1960s. Many Avengers have survived into the 21st century working as spray-applicators and water-bombers throughout North America."

Heck, I'd fly an Avenger, 4-AT, or 5-AT gratis just for the experience... For a little while...

Last edited:
I don't see a mention of how much you pay.

I don't see a mention of how much you pay.

Pay scales are currently being adjusted upwards due to inflation, so any numbers I give are going to be instantly wrong.

That said, we aim for the 75th percentile in the industry, which is very good considering the reasonable cost of living here.

Turbine 135 jobs that are family friendly? I thought those didn't really exist, but I don't really know a ton about the industry.
Buddy that took the leave from the regional stumbled into one flying a TBM for a small family company, at his home airport. Salary, home a least 5 nights a week, usually does out-n-backs in a day. Runs the show himself, and most importantly, MORE MONEY than a senior FO at the major regional. QOL that can't be beat...

Buddy that took the leave from the regional stumbled into one flying a TBM for a small family company, at his home airport. Salary, home a least 5 nights a week, usually does out-n-backs in a day. Runs the show himself, and most importantly, MORE MONEY than a senior FO at the major regional. QOL that can't be beat...

How much vacation does he get?

What is a “major regional?” Even a “senior” FO at a regional is only pulling in like $70k/yr TOPS….

I just don't like flying singles... Even if it is a turbine. But that's a personal thing. I'll be looking for a similar position in a twin in about 12 months. Have to finish out an existing contract

It’s funny… I always thought when I got really tired of my desk job I’d go be a commercial pilot to the end of days. As a part of my current “job adjustment process” my wife and I discussed whether that jump should take place now. We concluded that because I don’t have a lot of hours (not quite NRG level), it wouldn’t be the right move.

But we did agree to start my CSEL (to be followed by CMEL)… baby steps!

Same exact boat.

These cubicle walls are getting old..

These cubicle walls are getting old..

Not a cubicle, a real office with a real window, but even so it gets old. Luckily there is light at the end of the tunnel? Freedom? Or a freight? Only the shadow knows...

Back