The two facts, one lie game

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
I think we have done this before, but I'll just start another one. Here is how it works:

1. A poster quotes three facts about them. Two of them are true, one of them is false.

2. The first person to figure out or guess which is the false one, gets to post the next set of three facts, two true and one false.

3. And so the cycle repeats. No jumping the line, the poster of the 'facts' must verify that a subsequent responder has correctly identified the false fact before that poster can continue.

4. We will give the time limit one day for verification. After that, anyone feel free to jump in and restart it.

5. Got it?

Good. I'll kick it off.

1. I have taken off in an airplane in 0/0 conditions.
2. My high school music teacher is in prison convicted of bombing a federal building.
3. I have crossed the Swiss Alps on a bicycle.

2. My high school music teacher is in prison convicted of bombing a federal building.
I remember you mentioning #1, so that's out.

However, I'm not so sure about #2 and #3. I remember you mentioning spending time in Europe and I remember you mentioning you were a gifted violinist as a kid so it could be either.

I think we have done this before, but I'll just start another one. Here is how it works:

1. A poster quotes three facts about them. Two of them are true, one of them is false.

2. The first person to figure out or guess which is the false one, gets to post the next set of three facts, two true and one false.

3. And so the cycle repeats. No jumping the line, the poster of the 'facts' must verify that a subsequent responder has correctly identified the false fact before that poster can continue.

4. We will give the time limit one day for verification. After that, anyone feel free to jump in and restart it.

5. Got it?

Good. I'll kick it off.

1. and 2. be twue, 3. be not.

1. I soloed a helicopter after 14.7 hrs of instruction
2. I went to Vegas in a Vega in 1974
3. I met Elvis Presley

You my friend, are on. You have correctly guessed. Let's hear your lie and truthes.
??? I was just tryin to be like poetic. I need a little time to work on a lie. I'll check in after dinner with a bottle of wine. May be tomorrow morning. In the meantime, inquiring minds wanna know a little more about this Teacher. He wasn't like a Mentor to you was he?:D

Sorry I broke all the rules .... shoulda' read them carefully

You my friend, are on. You have correctly guessed. Let's hear your lie and truthes.
Ok.

1. I did an Instrument Approach in IMC conditions, solo, as a Private Student Pilot.
2. I was named to the Second Team State High School All Star Team for basketball.
3. I dumped the motorcycle on the drivers test for my Motorcycle Endorsement and passed anyway.

Last edited:
Ok.

1. I did an Instrument Approach in IMC conditions, solo, as a Private Student Pilot.
2. I was named to the Second Team State High School All Star Team for basketball.
3. I dumped the motorcycle on the drivers test for my Motorcycle Endorsement and passed anyway.
Edit:

2 is false

ETA: can’t stop laughing!! I read your #3 as “passed AWAY”.

Last edited:
All corporate flying:

1) I had Gene Cernan (Apollo 17 CDR) in the back during a part 91 flight, and I let him fly the leg.

2) I had three business men in the back, with three ladies. I turned around and they were basically having an orgy in the airplane.

3) I was in the crew room and a (almost?) dead body was convulsing against the door to the sleep room.

1. I played fly half for the Air Force rugby team.
2. I have flown solo while watching the SR-71 do pattern work to a different runway.
3. I have a Master's Degree in Human Resource Management

Sorry to derail. Ill pass to the next player.

Well to keep things moving:

1. I led an Infantry battalion to victory in a field exercise.

2. I speak fluent Estonian.

3. I steered an aircraft carrier.

I'm going to guess #1 is the falsehood.

English+Vietnamese+Estonian would be a rather impressive combination.

#1 and #3 would seem to be a contradiction. Hard to imagine a military position that would allow one to direct both ground troops and a naval vessel (maybe POTUS?).

#3 is wrong. The phrase doesn't sound right for naval terminology.

You never replied to me
\

See below

You're up. I dont speak a single word of Estonian. Not even enough to Google it.

Okay...

1. I was working battalion S3 as an ops sergeant, and in a field exercise, (NTC Ft Irwin) the TOC (Tactical Operation Center) was 'gassed." Of course, none of them were wearing their gas masks, so the evaluators declared them all dead.

Except for SGT Arrow, who was off taking a **** in the rocks, and came back wearing his gas mask. He was suddenly thrust in to the role of Battalion Commander. Granted, properly, that role would have gone to the senior company commander, but they were busy and I had to make the final calls to the maneuvers against OPFOR. Granted, the battle was already pretty much won, but, the evaluators credited me for the victory. It was a win win situation. The Colonel got his win, and I got my ARCOM in exchange. I would have rather had a bottle of whiskey.

3. My dad's ship during a family cruise. I was hanging out in the bridge. The helmsman let me steer it for about thirty seconds.

You're up. I dont speak a single word of Estonian. Not even enough to Google it.

1. I've flown right seat in a Citation from Minneapolis to Rochester.
2. I've got eight siblings.
3. I've pushed the car out of a snowdrift in the McDs parking lot at 1:30am.

Back