Air Wagner..... He’s baaaaackk.

You've never heard of going around after touching down? A bad bounce? A too-long landing?

Do you think I have heard of those things? Do you think Jerry's statement implied that the other aircraft had landed and its clearing of the runway was imminent? Instead, we hear from the other pilot that he was too high and had already started to perform a go-around as Jerry was crossing the hold short line and lining up with the runway and making his announcement. None of that seems off to you?

Do you think I have heard of those things? Do you think Jerry's statement implied that the other aircraft had landed and its clearing of the runway was imminent? Instead, we hear from the other pilot that he was too high and had already started to perform a go-around as Jerry was crossing the hold short line and lining up with the runway and making his announcement. None of that seems off to you?
Not really. No, I don't like the idea of taking the runway at a nontowered airport while another aircraft is still on the runway. But I don't assume that taking the runway implies that a normal taxi off is imminent.

I guess you didn't watch the video being discussed. You should do that before accusing others of supposition.
I guess I did.
Personally, I can't tell whether there was a Jerincursion or not. Clearly the is an edit in there. One problem with watching Jerry us the development of a bias. If anything he does is capable of being seen in a bad light, we do.
I just didn't have the same knee-jerk reaction. I accuse myself of making bias-based suppositions too. I just try to recognize them for what they are rather than defend them.

Considering that in the video, I don't see any "bias based suppositions".

At 2:10 the Velocity call left base.
At 2:40 Jerry takes the runway.
As soon as he stops making his announcement, the Velocity immediately calls the go around.

I don't care who this is about, based on the timing and that chain of events, that's a runway incursion.

Now in this case it was due to editing of the video.

But it's not a "knee jerk reaction based on supposition".

Ae you the Don that he corrected in the comments section?

Since we’re resurrecting old favorite threads, I’m not a subscriber to Jerry, did he stop posting videos, or what?

He still posts, probably not as often, I haven't been watching him.

Since we’re resurrecting old favorite threads, I’m not a subscriber to Jerry, did he stop posting videos, or what?
He's posting less and not doing as many outrageously bad things so not generating the same level of comments. He did one recently where he did a reprise of my all-time favorite - the ANAHEIM SID out of SoCal. I held my breath. He didn't screw it up. Ho hum.

Back