Update Chrome?

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
Have any of you updated Google Chrome? If so were there any glitches?
My wife lost all her stored passwords, bookmarks, etc.
I doubt if I'm going to chance the update.
Paul
Salome, AZ.

Yes.

No.

I've never lost my profile bookmarks, etc. Chrome added "multiple profiles" as a feature recently. I'd click on the avatar in the top right and see if she is on some random profile and not her normal one.

Yep, if she was using GoogleSync, the passwords are stored in your google account. You need to make sure you're syncing with the proper google account, and not guest or some other user.

If you're synced up with all the google crap, you won't lose anything. If you're not, you probably won't either.

But it takes about a minute to pull up your bookmarks and export them to an html file. Email that file to yourself so you don't lose it.
Passwords you should have somewhere else anyway. Probably shouldn't email that list to yourself...

Have any of you updated Google Chrome? If so were there any glitches?
Not sure if you're talking about ChromeOS or the Chrome browser, but either way both get updated pretty frequently (every few-to-several weeks). If you've used it for more than a few days I'd be surprised if it hasn't already auto-updated at least once.

Over the years I've gone through hundreds of Chrome browser updates on the several machines where I use it. If there was ever a hiccup, I don't recall it.

Back