Air Wagner..... He’s baaaaackk.

I haven’t watched this video yet, but I’ve seen another one where he talked about the traffic on final as he pulled out in front and forced the guy to go around. Listening to the radio isn’t enough.

You better watch it quickly, I think this one will disappear soon.

In his previous videos he would always make a big deal of taxiing in a 360 degree circle to look for traffic in the pattern. I guess he doesn't do that any more.

You better watch it quickly, I think this one will disappear soon.

In his previous videos he would always make a big deal of taxiing in a 360 degree circle to look for traffic in the pattern. I guess he doesn't do that any more.
Here’s the one from June in the 414. The first 3 minutes cover it. Tomahawk is on final. They turn 360 degrees around, think they see a bird on final, pull out, hear the guy say he’ll do a 360 for spacing, and then decide they will expedite the takeoff as they swerve around the runway.

This is how Jerry replied to several comments on his YT page:

“Not correct, we waited for the Velocity to land and then as we were waiting for him to clear the runway he announced he was going around, both Randy and I saw him land and he was a “Pusher” and canard wing, you mis-took editing for us taking off in front of him when we actually took off after him.”

“Not correct, we waited for the Velocity to land and then as we were waiting for him to clear the runway he announced he was going around, both Randy and I saw him land and he was a “Pusher” and canard wing, you mis-took editing for us taking off in front of him when we actually took off after him.”

Actually, I went back and watched, there was an edit before he takes the runway, and he does say as he enters that he will be taking off "when the runway clears". He is probably being truthful here.

How can you go around after you already landed?

I had a three-hour, um, "discussion" with a copilot once over whether the General Manager was an ******* or an idiot. I didn't think he was smart enough to be an *******.

I had a much shorter discussion like that with a manager about one of his employees years ago. He claimed neither...but it turned out later that it was both. I think both is pretty common. When someone has reduced intelligence, but doesn't realize it, and really high ego, and they're faced with a complex situation they'll often develop their own weird interpretation, and blame everyone else around them for not understanding what the "real" rules are.

"Both" is the only explanation I see for continuing to post this stuff. Or from a movie, "how can it not know what it is"?

Is there a pool for when his cutting in front of people in the pattern causes an accident?

Maybe the Velocity went around before the touch down.

This video (not mine) tries to show the two planes ADS-B during the event. I had to watch it several times and freeze frame.

I especially like where Jerry tells his co-pilots not to take controls yet and then purposely steepens his turn to what looks like 60*, then handing the controls to him.

You've never heard of going around after touching down? A bad bounce? A too-long landing?

Personally, I can't tell whether there was a Jerincursion or not. Clearly the is an edit in there. One problem with watching Jerry us the development of a bias. If anything he does is capable of being seen in a bad light, we do.

Last edited:
I especially like where Jerry tells his co-pilots not to take controls yet and then purposely steepens his turn to what looks like 60*, then handing the controls to him.
There are some old episodes, perhaps included in Jerry's housecleaning a few years ago, where he would fly close to terrain in the mountains and hand the controls to his (protesting) non-pilot daughter so he could take photos.

Hope somebody has his video saved!

He has the ability to edit, so I don’t know why he shows these parts. It’s not for education because he denies it happened. So is he really just clueless that he caused a problem? Does his desire to show off his video override the problems he causes?
Watching the video cut carefully, it's plausible that the Velocity could have passed in that time and taken off again based on the video alone. But the lack of an aircraft in front of them on video when they got on the runway, the frustration in the Velocity pilot's voice, and the verbiage "going around" instead of "touch and go" or something similar just doesn't seem like that's the case.

Who says "going around" outside of being about to land and aborting?

From the Velocity pilot involved:

I was high on final and was about a quarter of the way down the runway realizing that I wasn't going to pull off this landing and then had to wait while he did his announcement before I could say I was going around. He departed behind me and didn't cut me off. As he was taking the runway I would think that you would be able to see my plane but looking at the video I don't see it.

It would appear (this time) Jerry didn't pull a Jerry.

Yep, wrong here as well. Trying to time-align it and the Velocity pilot’s account makes sense - it was a 10-second announcement. I’ll clean up the stuff above.

Yep, wrong here as well. Trying to time-align it and the Velocity pilot’s account makes sense - it was a 10-second announcement. I’ll clean up the stuff above.

Retracting an error is wise or you could do like some parents that punish their kids and realize they were wrong. They just say, "well ... that's for the time I didn't catch you!"

"We waited for the Velocity to land and then as we were waiting for him to clear the runway he announced he was going around"

That statement doesnt jive with the velocity saying he was high and aborted the landing. Jerry never heard or saw the Velocity. Just plain luck... seems to happen a lot with him

Retracting an error is wise or you could do like some parents that punish their kids and realize they were wrong. They just say, "well ... that's for the time I didn't catch you!"

Honestly, I need to take a deep breath. Lots of high-profile GA accidents lately have me on edge and getting very, I don’t know… defensive toward protecting GA. We just don’t need more bad press. But when I’m wrong, I’m wrong and it’s better to keep the powder dry for when it can be better utilized.

Come on guys, keep trying.. Gotta be something else you can find. Keep up the good work. *sigh*

He just released the unedited version of the video showing he didn’t cut off the velocity pilot. Watching it now.

What an a-hole. He puts up a video which because of HIS editing shows that he obviously cut someone off on final.

Then when multiple people call him on it, he posts an unedited video showing that he didn't... With an attitude.

Makes you wonder about all the other incidents where he did something unsafe but didn't put up an unedited video showing that he wasn't unsafe, doesn't it?

What an a-hole. He puts up a video which because of HIS editing shows that he obviously cut someone off on final.

Then when multiple people call him on it, he posts an unedited video showing that he didn't... With an attitude.

Makes you wonder about all the other incidents where he did something unsafe but didn't put up an unedited video showing that he wasn't unsafe, doesn't it?

The guy does what he needs to keep the likes, clicks, and subscribes coming...

Hmmmm, if he really put that much thought into this, I think he might qualify to be the GOAT click baiter.

I've never done a "spin around" move prior to launching. Was never taught to do so, and doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't care what's behind me, only care what's in the vicinity of the runway. Is it just me?

I've never done a "spin around" move prior to launching. Was never taught to do so, and doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't care what's behind me, only care what's in the vicinity of the runway. Is it just me?

Nope, but obviously makes for good youtube vids...

The first person I flew with that did one was Bill Kershner, but what did he know? :rolleyes: If I'm in an airplane with a pretty restricted field of view *and* I've done a runup in or near the hold short that leaves me unable to see a long final or tight base I might do one before taking the runway. Not a factor with a bubble canopy :cool:

Nauga,
and a ~3/4 turn spin at 0AGL

The first person I flew with that did one was Bill Kershner, but what did he know?
and a ~3/4 turn spin at 0AGL

While I've never done the spin, my old grumpy CFII taught me to always kick the nose of the plane left and right while taxiing to the runway. That way you can see if the TC, DG/HSI, and whiskey compass behave as expected before departing.

I was taught that, for uncontrolled fields. Looking to see who else is in the pattern, esp if they are NORDO. We can have a rationale discussion about how practical it is to spot someone in the pattern. I'll admit I haven't done it in years though.

I too was taught the 360 but rarely if ever use it at uncontrolled airfields. My grumman has very good visibility.

I was taught to do the 360 for 2 reasons. One look for traffic and also look for “parts or puddles“ after the run up.

Back