moab rentals

Seth.A

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Seth.A
I'm thinking of taking the gf and heading down to the desert for a bit this winter. I'd love to find someplace to rent a 172 and cruise around the 4 corners for a couple days and check out moab, the grand canyon, etc.

I'm looking for recommendations on some place to rent a plane, places to see / stay or avoid, and any top tips for planning a trip in that area in the winter. Its all new to me, maybe its a terrible idea.

thanks

I checked AirNav, which says the FBO at Moab’s airport rents and gives instruction.

Not a lot of population centers around there, which is of course part of the attraction, but that also means that nearby airports tend to serve communities too small to make rentals viable. It looks like there are rentals also in Farmington NM and Page AZ.

No experience with any of them. But I have rented while on vacation near other scenic locations, flew with an instructor, and loved it. Asking for a mountain-flying lesson is a possibility- I did that near Glacier National Park and loved it.

Beautiful part of the world, you’ll enjoy it.

Could rent from Phoenix and fly up. Just a few hrs.

Back