For you programmers interview with Uncle Bob

Warlock

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Warlock
Did not realize he was a pilot for only a few years, so never to late…but if you have ever written code you probably know who he is…

He helped bring one of the worst plagues in software development known to man. It works great for a small start up, but is the worst possible way to manage software development in a large, legacy organization. Presented to management as a panacea, it is nothing but folly.

never heard of him.

too long... didn't listen to the whole thing

but the notion that there is only one right way to develop software is completely false.

Didn't know who he was, but googled. So HE is responsible for Agile methodology, and all of the faff that attaches to it.

I'll be hoping to read about him again soon. In an NTSB docket.

Didn't know who he was, but googled. So HE is responsible for Agile methodology, and all of the faff that attaches to it.

Uncle Bob is responsible for Agile and yet he was spouting about safety?

How ironic.

Ahh Agile, why when I was talking to my boss about consulting for a client I suggested we double our rates if they insisted on bringing a project manager to our meetings.

Mostly because the previous 'Agile' project with them added several weeks due to the 3 PMs we seemed to have at every single meeting.

He is not responsible for agile. But he helped make it so popular.

Never heard of Bob, but I am familiar with agile. It's the "ready fire aim" of software. It'll be great when people try to use that to re-do control systems.

never heard of him.

too long... didn't listen to the whole thing

but the notion that there is only one right way to develop software is completely false.
The saying in SW development is: On time, On budget, Fully operational; pick any two.

Debugging is even worse, especially if its someone else's code.

Back