Bose Deal!

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Bose Deal Heads Up! As you may be aware, BOSE rarely has meaningful deals on aviation headsets. The A20 is the gold standard for noise reduction and I guess they don’t think they need to discount it. Well right now, they are accepting trade-in’s of their Bose X headsets for a $300 credit. It’s not much on a $1,095 purchase, but if you’ve got an old Bose X, consider it. I have several, and I’m taking the plunge! As a bit more motivation, they are no longer supporting Bose X series, so you’re on your own if your headset breaks.
This is unprecedented for Bose, at least that I’m aware of.
Headset X Trade-in – Bose Aviation Headsets

Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like trade-in value on the Bose X has fallen off a cliff recently. Lightspeed only offers $150 now (used to be $300) and Aircraft Spruce only offers $100 now. eBay seems to be in the $250-$350 range (minus about 15% in fees).

Bose has been offering this every few months for a couple years now.

Or get a QC35 and the Flight Nomad for even less.

I need to pull the trigger on one or the other, my Bose x is about shot

Bose has been offering this every few months for a couple years now.
But don't count on them to be continuing forever. Lightspeed has already chopped their Bose X trade-in value by a ton. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to zero in the next year or two.

Bose Deal Heads Up! As you may be aware, BOSE rarely has meaningful deals on aviation headsets. The A20 is the gold standard for noise reduction and I guess they don’t think they need to discount it. Well right now, they are accepting trade-in’s of their Bose X headsets for a $300 credit….This is unprecedented for Bose, at least that I’m aware of.

Just placed the order for two. Thank you for posting this info!!

Likely means new Bose headset coming soon...
Trade-up the X for an A20 now and then trade up the A20 for the new one (A30?) when it comes out? Or do you think they'll have a X to A30 trade-up offer?

I need to pull the trigger on one or the other, my Bose x is about shot

lightspeed. cheaper, just as good.

or bose a20.

I have both and I think I prefer the lightspeed. overall more comfortable for my big fat noggin.

Or get a QC35 and the Flight Nomad for even less.

lightspeed. cheaper, just as good.

or bose a20.

I have both and I think I prefer the lightspeed. overall more comfortable for my big fat noggin.

I just went with the QC35+Flight Nomad per @EdFred . So total about $520 for a Bose based noise cancelling set. I'll give my impressions after I get a chance to fly with it.

I just went with the QC35+Flight Nomad per @EdFred . So total about $520 for a Bose based noise cancelling set. I'll give my impressions after I get a chance to fly with it.

well, now you'll have a passenger headset when u decide those are lame and end up buying the lightspeeds the second time around!

Order for two headsets placed in September. Received only one, no rebate, no updates. Not very Bose like…

Bose Deal Heads Up! As you may be aware, BOSE rarely has meaningful deals on aviation headsets. The A20 is the gold standard for noise reduction and I guess they don’t think they need to discount it. Well right now, they are accepting trade-in’s of their Bose X headsets for a $300 credit. It’s not much on a $1,095 purchase, but if you’ve got an old Bose X, consider it. I have several, and I’m taking the plunge! As a bit more motivation, they are no longer supporting Bose X series, so you’re on your own if your headset breaks.
This is unprecedented for Bose, at least that I’m aware of.
Thanks! Looks like an excellent time to upgrade.

There is a CFI rebate going on for up to 2 headsets

I think lightspeed is kicking their ass.

Yup

The only thing Bose has going for them is name brand recognition with people who arnt that knowledgeable in the industry.

Fit, Bluetooth, nose reduction, etc the zulus are better in my experience.

I’ve also noticed lots of the higher time people and working pilots will have the light speeds, the lower time guy with the SR22 types i see more bose, just one man’s observation

Yup

The only thing Bose has going for them is name brand recognition with people who arnt that knowledgeable in the industry.

Fit, Bluetooth, nose reduction, etc the zulus are better in my experience.

I’ve also noticed lots of the higher time people and working pilots will have the light speeds, the lower time guy with the SR22 types i see more bose, just one man’s observation
I do see a lot of .mil airmen seem to have Bose. Used to be exclusive David Clark territory.

I do see a lot of .mil airmen seem to have Bose. Used to be exclusive David Clark territory.
Sigh. Still no love for the One-X, I see...

Lightspeed is vastly more comfortable to me. The Bose just hurts after 2 hours. Nothing wrong with the ANR in either unit, and I like the controller on the Zulu 3 best. Easy to use and smaller than the Bose thingy. Lastly, the cord is way slick and doesn't tangle like the Bose might.

Here's the thing though: Lightspeed needs to get their unit TSOd so I can justify buying another headset for work!

Light speed also need to fix the recording feature on their app so you can record both sides of the conversation. Slight chance they have with an upgrade to the app, but I haven’t seen it. Since I stopped trying when I couldn’t make it work.

Others thing it needs is a descent way to cut off the radio when using the Bluetooth connection to the phone. Is Annoying when I am in the passenger/copilot seat and have to unplug it to not have radio conversations interfering with the phone conversation.

However the Bluetooth feature on my A20’s doesn’t work at all so I can compare these features, A20’s were given to me and I use them as a spare/2nd set so not much incentive to get the Bluetooth fixed.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

Light speed also need to fix the recording feature on their app so you can record both sides of the conversation. Slight chance they have with an upgrade to the app, but I haven’t seen it. Since I stopped trying when I couldn’t make it work.

Others thing it needs is a descent way to cut off the radio when using the Bluetooth connection to the phone. Is Annoying when I am in the passenger/copilot seat and have to unplug it to not have radio conversations interfering with the phone conversation.

However the Bluetooth feature on my A20’s doesn’t work at all so I can compare these features, A20’s were given to me and I use them as a spare/2nd set so not much incentive to get the Bluetooth fixed.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

8EBC026B-11B0-4824-89B6-BF4F350C1F82.jpeg
https://www.lightspeedaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Zulu3-User-Guide-RevA4.pdf

Attachments

• 007F6958-D4C9-401D-A0A8-B5AA170375EB.jpeg
    007F6958-D4C9-401D-A0A8-B5AA170375EB.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 7

Yeah, I have read the manuals when i got the headset, have called tech support and experimented with different DIP switch settings, I even bought the auxiliary input cable. Nothing has worked for me. If someone actually has it working and recording both what you say and hear in the headset I would love to know what settings and configuration you are using.

upload_2022-1-31_14-34-49.png
This however is a good point, since I can't seem to make the flightlink work the way I want it to, perhaps turning it off will make the phone work more like I would like it to.

Brian

Back