Would this be a good first jet for a pilot like me?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
This one specifically I saw in an ad. Anyone know anything about it?

fj1.png

I am trying to do some research to learn more about it. Who makes, it, useful load, etc.
I did find a better picture but I am struggling to get more details so I can see if they have em on Barnstormers.

urjtpwvze6daufooiorw.jpg

Looks like it might be pretty fast but I would hate to buy it and then find out that cost to maintain is really high due to difficulty locating parts.

Any mechanics here ever worked on one of these?
Anyway, any information is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 100507

I am trying to do some research to learn more about it. Who makes, it, useful load, etc.
I did find a better picture but I am struggling to get more details so I can see if they have em on Barnstormers.

View attachment 100508

Looks like it might be pretty fast but I would hate to buy it and then find out that cost to maintain is really high due to difficulty locating parts.

Looks like something my kid’s made out of legos.

I bet insurance is going to be high. I don't have any retract or twin time.
But you know buy your last plane first and all that.

It's too late now. You should've gotten your IR in it. Train in what you're going to fly.

Dude, have you priced 14 Flight Custom IIIs??? :yikes:

If those are engines on the outside of the wings, then I'd say no as a first jet. A failure would create a lot of adverse yaw that would be a handful for an inexperienced pilot. I'd think you would want something closer to centerline thrust. An Eclipse perhaps?

When you find out what it is, see if FlightSafety has a level D sim for it. Maybe you could try it out for a day and see if it's to your liking.

View attachment 100507

View attachment 100508

Parts are actually cheap for that thing. There's a couple of factories in Russia and China making them :)

It doesn't have much of a wing for a lifting surface, so I think it would be considered a Powered-Lift category/class. You'll need to get that added onto your Private Pilot certificate.

Couldn't possibly be more efficient than a Mooney.

Budget a lot for consumables. You can't have all that ordnance hanging on the plane without going out and blowing stuff up with some regularity.

With a pitot tube that long, you know it has to be compensating for something....

Ron Wanttaja

You didnt state yor mission!!!11!! How can we help if you dont?>>

Insurance rates on these are getting into nosebleed territory - the owner-flown accident record hasn’t been great.

Have you considered working up through a more traditional transition airframe?

23c59a4a7fe2477dbf8098d174e8f5fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insurance rates on these are getting into nosebleed territory - the owner-flown accident record hasn’t been great.

Have you considered working up through a more traditional transition airframe?

23c59a4a7fe2477dbf8098d174e8f5fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The little Omaha Bricks planes are a lot cheaper... and reasonable to build.

https://www.omahabricks.com/micro-scale

cecefc_c09ffb53d6ee4090b331fa25223320cf~mv2.webp

With a pitot tube that long, you know it has to be compensating for something....
It's orange, so it's a flight test noseboom. The rest of the mission info will be provided on the secure channel.

Nauga,
and beadwindow

It’s a Tubman 6100. Tubman originated as a mailplane manufacturer, even supplied an aircraft that flew in the Battle of Santo Poco.

I still remember my first week after learning photoshop like it was yesterday. Good times.

No. It's way too simple and boring. It lacks the zip we expect in our aircraft, and has zero ramp appeal. You'd be bored and shopping around in no time.

Judging from the look of the cockpit, it’s the latest version of the Apache attack helo. Probably a tilt rotor variant like the Osprey

You’ll likely need to get your rotary wing rating first.

OTOH, it might just be a prototype of an advanced MRAP.

Cheers

View attachment 100507

View attachment 100508

You sure that's a jet? Looks like it might propel itself by grappling hook technology.

twin time is not the problem… just paint a prop on the nose (and don‘t tell anyone it has jets)

The intakes on either side of the cockpit are spaced totally differently. Also, pretty ragged fit on the top right of the cockpit.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 9.00.50 PM.png

No….if it’s raining you’ll get wet getting in and out.

9f3874281884faafb21d1153ad739ded--fisher-price-toys-vintage-fisher-price.jpg
Plastic like the vision jet, but less seats should help with insurance.

Back