A Cool Little Navy Film

flashback city ... thanks!

No way we were EVER that young! JOs straight out of "Saved by the Bell" and CDRs from "Welcome back, Cotter!" ...

I guess you know you're old when doctors and cops look like they could be your grandkids.

So glad “Sail” wasn’t used for once. You just can’t go wrong with “Kickstart my Heart” and “Thunderstruck.” Oldie but goodies.

It's all training. OK, sometimes FACIT* training.

*F Around And Call It Training. :D

Kinda wonder about the Navy’s rules on PEDs in the cockpit. Flying in the Army, they (Red Stone) had a bunch of restrictions on PEDs. If it wasn’t in an AWR, it wasn’t supposed to be operated. We pretty much ignored that though. Of course in my day, it was duct tape mounting a VHS-C to the top of the instrument panel. GoPro mounts are at least a lot safer than what we used.

Kinda wonder about the Navy’s rules on PEDs in the cockpit. Flying in the Army, they (Red Stone) had a bunch of restrictions on PEDs. If it wasn’t in an AWR, it wasn’t supposed to be operated. We pretty much ignored that though. Of course in my day, it was duct tape mounting a VHS-C to the top of the instrument panel. GoPro mounts are at least a lot safer than what we used.

It has become more liberal in interpretation more than anything I think. I was never a person that thought it was useful or important to spend a bunch of time taking selfies or filming, so not unsurprisingly, I don't think I'm in any of the videos that have made it public :) Actual answer....there are hard rules that say when you can and cannot film, and typically the biggest concern is making sure that there is nothing classified that could be captured in pics/video. Also it is important to not crash airplanes while trying to make cool videos

Back in my day we didn't have all the digital tech so all we got was the cruise "yearbook" that was kind of like what you got in high school and I guess this is the modern equivalent. A westpac cruise without Subic Bay though, meh...

Back in my day we didn't have all the digital tech so all we got was the cruise "yearbook" that was kind of like what you got in high school and I guess this is the modern equivalent. A westpac cruise without Subic Bay though, meh...

hah, don't worry, they still sell the yearbook. You can still roll into the Photo Booth in your SDBs and pose with a cool look that will be captured forever :) In hindsight, I never bought one, and now I kinda wish I had when I had the opportunities.

Back