Outside my Hangar Door!

MBDiagMan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Doc
B4F7BE5A-486D-4F34-ADCF-785050489DA0.jpeg They had a few planes out of one of the museum hangars while getting out the P51. This is what cluttered up the Tarmac next to my hangar while they were doing it. All planes in this museum are airworthy.

The museum is open to the public Saturday mornings from 8AM to Noon. KOSA. Come and see us!

KOSA is Mount Pleasant Regional Airport, Titus County, Texas.
It's about 30 or 40 miles east of Dallas.

It is nice to have a bit more than the airport ID. If I have a little open time during a business trip, I do visit such places, if I know they aren't too far off.

I was out there Wednesday for some of the morning while they had the B17 and the P51 out for some exercise.

@MBDiagMan .. Shame on me for not pinging you to go grab some coffee. But I’m flying for work this next Wednesday and might be out there if the client has clinic hours out there. I’ll be the white/gray Bo A36, N1562F

Mike, I was only there for a few minutes Wednesday. My hangar was open in the morning, but I flew to Paris for some errands, got back, put it away and took care of some more business. We left Thursday for Dripping Springs and will be back Sunday then going on vacation for two weeks beginning Wednesday.

if you’re back to MP, my hangar is E3 which is in the runway end right next to where they were tied down. If my hangar isn’t open text, call or the guys in the terminal usually know when to expect me.

View attachment 100395 They had a few planes out of one of the museum hangars while getting out the P51. This is what cluttered up the Tarmac next to my hangar while they were doing it. All planes in this museum are airworthy.

The museum is open to the public Saturday mornings from 8AM to Noon. KOSA. Come and see us!
I've been there a couple of times and it was great. Awesome collection of planes!

View attachment 100395 They had a few planes out of one of the museum hangars while getting out the P51. This is what cluttered up the Tarmac next to my hangar while they were doing it. All planes in this museum are airworthy.

Nice!!
Last night I watched a B17 give rides at KIMS.

There are only nine remaining airworthy B17’s. This one was out of annual and brought in on a ferry permit some months ago. They’ve worked hard ever since and brought it out this past week and ran the engines. Quite encouraging. It should be in the air soon.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?

I can only assume that you write this as a joke. I’ve done tours at the museum so long that nothing surprises me anymore. Even among the people with enough interest to come to a warbird museum, I hear things like this all the time. Among the kids it’s never a surprise when I ask them when World War II took place the answer something like “1984,” but I hear things almost as outrageous from adults, and not always young ones.

I can only assume that you write this as a joke. I’ve done tours at the museum so long that nothing surprises me anymore. Even among the people with enough interest to come to a warbird museum, I hear things like this all the time. Among the kids it’s never a surprise when I ask them when World War II took place the answer something like “1984,” but I hear things almost as outrageous from adults, and not always young ones.
I do mean it as a joke. It's a somewhat (in)famous line uttered by John Belushi in the movie Animal House.

And the reaction of the visitors is no surprise: there are still deniers that think the holocaust didn't happen.

In front, is that an A-26 w/ wingtip tanks? It looks fast just sitting on the ground...always loved that airplane.

Last edited:
What color and tail number is your Mooney?
Mike, I was only there for a few minutes Wednesday. My hangar was open in the morning, but I flew to Paris for some errands, got back, put it away and took care of some more business. We left Thursday for Dripping Springs and will be back Sunday then going on vacation for two weeks beginning Wednesday.

if you’re back to MP, my hangar is E3 which is in the runway end right next to where they were tied down. If my hangar isn’t open text, call or the guys in the terminal usually know when to expect me.

Our public school system has failed. And the fact I graduated early is an indictment on the system.

In front, is that an A-26 w/ wingtip tanks? It looks fast just sitting on the ground...always loved that airplane.

Yep, an A26. Interesting plane with an interesting interior. One of the planes in the museum that isn’t exactly in keeping with the warbird theme.

What color and tail number is your Mooney?

Black and white with some silver trim. NXX12M, there is a similar one on the field which has been flown a lot recently. I did fly Wednesday so you may have seen it. I came home an put it up about 11:30AM.

Yup... I was there in the pilot lounge. White and Gray Bonanza A36, Nxx62F.

I fly it every other day. Other fellow is named Brooks.

Back