KAPA on field Restaurant

cowtowner

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Cowtowner
536529D1-DF52-48A6-A868-6DCAB3982760.jpeg Swanky place. The Perfect Landing at Centennial, CO. Went there for lunch today and it was packed!

Wish I would have gotten pictures but I was starving and scarfed the fish and chips down.

Made it in and out of there without being yelled at for the first time. He did correct me as to what runup area he had directed me to, but he told me the south one and that’s where I went.

Airport was busy busy. TAC AIR took care of me for 15 gallons of fuel and a very nice courtesy car for two hours to go see customers.

One of my favorite restaurants. KAPA is (depending on the year) the 2nd, 3rd or 4th busiest non-Class B airport in the country (Van Nuys is usually #1). Perfect Landing aint that swanky. Evenings, a bit more, but daytime, anything and everything goes. The Broncos' grounds keepers often have lunch there. The back table was always available for Mr. Bowlen. Locals know to land on 28, takeoff on 10 unless the weather is really howling. 4000 ft and you avoid a long conga line of the bizjets and student pilots in the pattern.

I used to take clients to the Perfect Landing for lunch and then show them around the airport. They always asked me to take them again.

One of the very best GA airport restaurants anywhere, attracting far more than just aviators.

I used to take clients to the Perfect Landing for lunch and then show them around the airport. They always asked me to take them again.

One of the very best GA airport restaurants anywhere, attracting far more than just aviators.
I remember meeting you at the Perfect Landing for lunch. You were the first person from an internet group that I agreed to meet in the flesh.

Nice. I’ll [very likely] be through APA near the end of October. I’ll have to check it out.

Been there a few times, good food and good views. Food to go if its a quick turn :) TAC Air is great.

Let us know....we haven’t had a POA meet in ages.
Possibly related to me leaving the salvage yard industry and no longer attending the convention at The Inverness?

Possibly related to me leaving the salvage yard industry and no longer attending the convention at The Inverness?
You’re not the only reason but a goodly chunk of it. Mark was here 2-3 years ago to ski, and I think that last the last one - with the Monkey as an added attraction.

You’re not the only reason but a goodly chunk of it. Mark was here 2-3 years ago to ski, and I think that last the last one - with the Monkey as an added attraction.
January 13, 2018. BJC.

We had my retirement party there. We have a meet there every other month for breakfast of the people that I spent the majority of my career with. I always enjoy going there.

Spent many breakfasts/lunches there waiting for a client in my charter days. Great food.

Agreed, nice place with a great view and good service. Can get a bit busy at times, but that was pre COVID so no idea now. We normally stopped there to get gas for the jets if flying to/from Fallon back to Oceana. Runway is very narrow for how long it is, which was always an interesting sight picture.

Back