Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

There are no grid lines on the green tree in the background.
When I downloaded the image, zoomed way in, and turned up the brightness on my monitor, I was able to see fuzzy green stripes aligned with the stripes of other colors.

I found a somewhat clearer copy of the image and blew up that corner, which makes them a little easier to see.

Gridded image - cropped x2.png

d83a189bbf4142f9115e7202ad739615.jpg

@midlifeflyer (or was it @SCCutler?) got picked up by the police for questioning and was placed in an interrogation room.

“I’m not saying anything without my lawyer present!” he declared.

“But you’re a lawyer,” said the police detective.

“Absolutely correct! Where is my present?”

@midlifeflyer (or was it @SCCutler?) got picked up by the police for questioning and was placed in an interrogation room.

“I’m not saying anything without my lawyer present!” he declared.

“But you’re a lawyer,” said the police detective.

“Absolutely correct! Where is my present?”
You just brought back an old memory. I was driving home from college for vacation. It was about 1969 so you can imagine what I looked like. A statie pulled me over.

"You didn't signal when you changed lanes back there."
"That's impossible. I always signal." (I still do, even at 3 am with no one around.)
"Hmph. Any drugs in the car, kid?"
"No."
"Mind if I look around?"
"Be my guest."

So he glances at the interior, takes a sniff or two, then asks me to open the trunk which, of course, is filled with all sorts of junk plus a big suitcase (gotta bring home the laundry, right?) I open the trunk, stand in front of him with the universal facial expression meaning, "So help me, if you ask me to open the suitcase and start rummaging through it, I'm gonna say something I will regret when I regain consciousness."

He looks at me for a few seconds. Then.

"Okay, kid. Hmmmm. Maybe you did signal back there."

You just brought back an old memory. I was driving home from college for vacation. It was about 1969 so you can imagine what I looked like. A statie pulled me over.

"You didn't signal when you changed lanes back there."
"That's impossible. I always signal." (I still do, even at 3 am with no one around.)
"Hmph. Any drugs in the car, kid?"
"No."
"Mind if I look around?"
"Be my guest."

So he glances at the interior, takes a sniff or two, then asks me to open the trunk which, of course, is filled with all sorts of junk plus a big suitcase (gotta bring home the laundry, right?) I open the trunk, stand in front of him with the universal facial expression meaning, "So help me, if you ask me to open the suitcase and start rummaging through it, I'm gonna say something I will regret when I regain consciousness."

He looks at me for a few seconds. Then.

"Okay, kid. Hmmmm. Maybe you did signal back there."
Mom sent me a cartoon when I was in A&M of a young boy driving a truck similar to mine.

First Panel: (view was looking at the front of the truck with the young man thinking) “Now that I am in college, the relationship with my parents has changed…”

Second Panel: (view was from the side where you now see a large mound of clothes in the back) “I only return home when I need to do laundry…”

Last panel: (view is of a box on top of a TV with a blinking 12:00 on the front) “Or Mom needs to set the clock on the VCR”.

Last panel: (view is of a box on top of a TV with a blinking 12:00 on the front) “Or Mom needs to set the clock on the VCR”.
My real life version of that one.

My wife and I were having dinner with a pilot friend of mine. They are younger than we are. I was mostly retired at the time and they had pre-teens. (We'll call him) Fred's phone signals. He looks at it, says, "it's my mother. I have to take it. She's sitting the kids" and walks away to take the call. He comes back and says, "She needed help setting to watch a DVD movie."

My wife says, "Oh, isn't that cute! How old is she?"

Sigh. My age.

Back