Is it the dumbest thing I've ever done....

Pardon the threadjack. My wife and I chose the PA-32 for the issue of my MIL riding with us. The rear entry door is VERY friendly for those with knee replacements.

Threadjack over. Carry on.
My FIL had issues getting into my Conquest a couple years ago and he’s not going to suddenly become more mobile! My dogs like the club seats, they can sit with my wife.,

The 206 is a great plane and this one sounds like a great example of a great plane.

You will 100% do something dumber than this in the future, so give yourself a break.

Well it's coming for prebuy...

Non turbo 206 G1000 low time engine and prop.
I've opted to spend the $ money and have it moved to a shop I know and trust for the prebuy. Logbooks look decent just a couple of things he wants to take a closer look at along with the standard prebuy checklist.

More details to follow.

I'm excited and nervous about airplane ownership. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a nightmare...

Nope! This will be a great choice. If this is your first -- welcome. My only advice - USE IT. Actually fly it. I have seen many including good friends get excited about the concept of owning a plane, and never really fly it.

Good luck

Nope! This will be a great choice. If this is your first -- welcome. My only advice - USE IT. Actually fly it. I have seen many including good friends get excited about the concept of owning a plane, and never really fly it.

Good luck

Yup 1st time LOL

I've managed to fly just over 100 hours last 12 months between work and rental scheduling so I plan to fly this one much more, and start my IFR training asap.

Thanks all for the flowers. its exactly what I have been looking for so I think it will work out perfectly. 1st flight with CFI is Monday to get high perf sign off and continue the learning process.

The 206 is a great aircraft. Judging from the linked sales ad, you have purchased a fine example. Upgrading to an instrument rating in the plane you'll be flying from now on is a real advantage. Learning how to use those avionics while acquiring the IR skills will make you a safer pilot.

Took the 1st flight yesterday with my CFI to get my high performance sign off. Man this thing flies beautifully !!! Learning the blue knob seems pretty straight forward. Its the G1000 that I think will take the most time. So far very happy with everything. Now off to the airport for flight #2

I found the King Schools video on the G1000 to be helpful and memorable in a John-and-Martha kind of way.

Took the 1st flight yesterday with my CFI to get my high performance sign off. Man this thing flies beautifully !!! Learning the blue knob seems pretty straight forward. Its the G1000 that I think will take the most time. So far very happy with everything. Now off to the airport for flight #2

Don't seem so dumb now does it? :D:D:D

I found the King Schools video on the G1000 to be helpful and memorable in a John-and-Martha kind of way.

I signed up last night... They definitely have a way of making it stick LOL thanks for the tip

Don't seem so dumb now does it? :D:D:D

Not even a little bit. In fact feels like the best decision I ever made... until it doesn't LOL

Well it's coming for prebuy...

Non turbo 206 G1000 low time engine and prop.
I've opted to spend the $ money and have it moved to a shop I know and trust for the prebuy. Logbooks look decent just a couple of things he wants to take a closer look at along with the standard prebuy checklist.

More details to follow.

I'm excited and nervous about airplane ownership. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a nightmare...

The dumbest thing you've done *So Far*.

Good luck

Great advice. I bought my plane 9 1/2 years ago, and I average about 100-150 hours per year on it. Looking to retire in about 5 years or so, and then we'll really start to use it. Planes need to be flown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great advice. I bought my plane 9 1/2 years ago, and I average about 100-150 hours per year on it. Looking to retire in about 5 years or so, and then we'll really start to use it. Planes need to be flown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thats our goal 100-150 a year. I'm right at 100 flying a rental so I'm figuring 150 is in reach now that I don't have to deal with the scheduler and just go fly whenever we feel so inclined.

Thats our goal 100-150 a year. I'm right at 100 flying a rental so I'm figuring 150 is in reach now that I don't have to deal with the scheduler and just go fly whenever we feel so inclined.

That's great. Even at 100 / year you would likely be higher than average use for most casual plane owners. I have several guys who simply don't fly after purchase. I don't get it. I am always looking to get up in the air.

Keep us updated on how it goes.

Back