Pre-flight checks

Katamarino

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Katamarino
I'll admit I sumped the tanks extra carefully after this fellow climbed out of the filler cap just after I started fueling.

I'm not real good at reading frog minds but my guess would be he's thinking, "never again!"

Where was that? When was the last time the plane had been flown?

This was a refuel in a multi leg flight, Louisiana. I worked out he had been lurking in the filler nozzle. His family were hanging out all around the fuel pump.

This was a refuel in a multi leg flight, Louisiana. I worked out he had been lurking in the filler nozzle. His family were hanging out all around the fuel pump.

Did the nozzle not have a cap? All the airport pump nozzles I’ve seen so far had caps.

I have been flying for 167 years and I have NEVER EVER seen a frog in a gas pump. When is the last time you saw a CFI check for frogs? You are all lying and need to find Jesus!

But seriously, I have a 35 gallon gas tank at home with “aviation” Mogas that I use for my plane and I have to make it a habit to look in the filler line to check and make sure there is not a paper wasp nest, or bat, or whatever. It helps the the hose is clear, but the metal nozzle could hide something. Of course my gas jugs also have filter screens on their filler necks, so most would get filtered out before it get into the aircraft tank.

I have never taken the gascolator apart myself (always the IA at annual) to see how much dirt it traps and how much is making it into the tanks over a year. I did just remove and clean a gas tank and it’s finger screen was clean with only the usual amount of crud in the bottom of the tank.

Just soaking up some lead to enhance his tastiness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Should relabel the pumps 100 toad-lead.

Back