G5 pitot/static fitting style

nrimmer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
nrimmer
I know the thread pitch in the back of the unit is 1/8-27 pipe, but what style fitting have people attached to the unit?

I was thinking a tee with the pipe thread opposite of one side of the tube thread (with the two tube thread sections 90 degrees from each other). But it looks like the pitot and static ports are pretty close to each other and once one is installed (either pitot or static) that the "T" from the second one will hit the first one that is already installed. Unfortunately I couldn't locate dimensions for the fittings on Chief Aircraft's website.

Use standard nyloseal fittings. Tuna straight length of tube straight back to the firewall for maybe 6 or 8 inches for S and another couple for S. This takes care of clearance issues between P and S at the unit and at the T connector. Use a standard T connector. One T will go to the other G5 and the other T will go to pitot tubing / static tubing. Don’t forget the insert nuts for the fittings. Make sure they’re nice and snug at the G5 but don’t damage the unit of course. 7A79E516-0D20-4FEA-A18B-8E61DB15B7E2.pngB0D518AC-EA35-4EA1-B9B4-993855768794.jpeg

I used NyloSeal fittings, but installed a manifold on both the pitot and static system to get rid of the mess of tee fittings. Each unit gets a "home run" from the appropriate manifold, much easier to manage.

Good suggestions. I especially like the manifold concept. Is there a NyloSeal manifold piece available or did you string together tees and elbows to make one?

Thanks all. This thread was very useful for my Duel G5 installation

Straight fittings and single lines to aluminum manifolds mounted in a convenient place and run all instrument, alt encoder/etc to the manifolds.

upload_2021-9-20_14-46-42.png

upload_2021-9-20_14-48-59.png

Last edited:
Back