Extreme Italian cole slaw (not for the feint of heart)

Would you eat Sac’s cole slaw?

• Total voters

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
4D276436-7019-428F-BD0A-0CAFBC93885C.jpeg AEF45D71-B0B6-4DAA-BE57-EEDDFCFF27D6.jpeg E937082B-35BD-4C77-B405-71CAB9AA66CF.jpeg DB6E3A94-3860-4578-AFE5-C73812E20893.jpeg
Okay so I said I’d do it doooo eeeet. Make cole slaw with pesto and anchovies.

Well I did. And a NY strip as the main course. I sautéed some onions, did the steak with sea salt, Italian herbs and balsamic, and topped that with pesto too.

Result? Yuuuuuuummmmmyyyyyy!

I feel like the Barry Bonds of cole slaw. I don’t care if I did cheat with the pesto.

I'd take a bite with an open mind.

Hold the anchovies and I’d try it. Never cared much for those. :D

burger patties.........CHECK
swiss cheese...........CHECK
onions...................CHECK
weird goofy childish half plates melded together that most normal people would pass on if seen at a garage sale..........CHECK
no booze pics whatsoever.......CHECK

also I'm guessing that's maybe worsht and italian seasonings or something like that

Yep, worshchestersishterhsire sauce and maybe Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt?

burger patties.........CHECK
swiss cheese...........CHECK
onions...................CHECK
weird goofy childish half plates melded together that most normal people would pass on if seen at a garage sale..........CHECK
no booze pics whatsoever.......CHECK

also I'm guessing that's maybe worsht and italian seasonings or something like that

oh like you have to ask. You were there, remember?

I'd give it a shot, but I did not like the anchovy pizza when I was in Finland...:rolleyes:

weird goofy childish half plates melded together that most normal people would pass on if seen at a garage sale...
Looks like it's made out of melamine. And the white plate looks like Pyrex. We need to chip in and get Sac some real stoneware.

Pesto makes everything better.

It seems to solve a lot of problems. I just made myself some steak sandwiches and pestoed the hell out of them. Sirloins, decent steaks but not on the class where you don't need to put nothing on them.

They were actually pretty good steaks.

Anchovies and pesto sounds like a good combination for slaw. Nothing terribly frightening about it. My slaws that involve hot peppers on the other hand...

all looks great to me! Only question I have is "What or who are 'feint of heart'"? :D

all looks great to me! Only question I have is "What or who are 'feint of heart'"? :D

I put that disclaimer in there with the realization that it probably wouldn't deter anyone here. Not to be confused with 'not for those easily butthurt' which would be fairly limiting.

924F863B-D7E4-41A3-9E0A-52D3958A01E9.jpeg
flat blade chuck steak. You can’t tell it from here but it was sooooo good

flat blade chuck steak. You can’t tell it from here but it was sooooo good
I could rant on how the thread title should be about pesto rather than cole slaw, but I wouldn't want to intrude on your territory.

P.S. Flat iron steak is good stuff.

DC8CBE7B-92C7-45E1-8D37-8F3E61A82A4A.jpeg True Ceasar, with anchovies and Parmesan. And another flat iron steak. Yuuuuuummmmmyyyy

'

I started gagging when you opened the tin of anchovies .... thought I had a sewer backup or something .... but realized the smell was coming from my monitor ... please eat them right now so I can breath again.

'

hehe .... I actually like a bit of zing in my coleslaw .... I blend half Kraft zesty Italian dressing and half coleslaw dressing ... perfect combination

Back