Post-Annual Smiles

Nothing significant to report but changed my spark plugs to new Champion massives from old same. Runs like a top. Cruises faster than before. Noticeably faster.

:) :) :)
Nice, and I believe it, experiencing the same myself one time.
On my last plane (Cherokee 140) when I bought it, I swear it was a living museum for spark plug brands...within it's 8 spark plugs there was every brand I've ever heard of, and a few I hadn't! I replaced them all with tempest (I'm not a believer in one brand being particularly better than the other, but I did want them all the same). It made a noticeable difference...after changing it started within one turn of the prop, warm or cold. Ran a little faster too, and less mag drop on run up.

I'm a fan of these:
http://www.g3ignition.com/magmod.html
with NGK BR8ES 3961 plugs.
I use Denso Iridium plugs with the Pmags in my exp Cub. $9 each (vs $39 each for Champions). I’ve heard dyno reports that show improved power with auto plugs but nothing scientific enough to put stock in. No matter, my Cessna is stuck in the standard category so when I get a favorable improvement like this one? I’m happy.

Nothing significant to report but changed my spark plugs to new Champion massives from old same. Runs like a top. Cruises faster than before. Noticeably faster.

:) :) :)
Nice to see an Annual that didn’t go sideways and fall into a Money Pit like most Annual stories here.

Good to hear your annual went well. Mine went smooth as well this year. Thought I needed to replace the intercom, turned out to be a broken wire on the 25 pin connector at the back of the intercom. Repaired the connection and all is good.

I find that annuals usually go pretty smoothly when you take it to the same guy every year. But trade mechanics and watch out!!

I actually did a half-year annual this year to finally get out of doing them in the summer in the middle of the best part of the season. Ooof, it was a little hard to pull the trigger on that. Thank God it was pretty much just the inspection and an oil change...

Mine is an annual currently, waiting on a rebuilt fuel selector valve, oil leak between vacuum pump and case gasket replaced, just got my HSI back and reinstalled. Not terrible but probably an extra 1.5 AMU...That’s terrible that I’ve become numb when I’m pleased my annual only cost twice as much as if they didn’t find anything.

I thought it was interesting that my mechanic and one of the most respected engine shops around favor Champions. I asked about the resistor problem and why not Tempest. My mechanic told me to turn off the internet noise. ;)

I thought it was interesting that my mechanic and one of the most respected engine shops around favor Champions. I asked about the resistor problem and why not Tempest. My mechanic told me to turn off the internet noise. ;)
Don't know about plugs. I'm 50/50 champion/tempest.

Discontinued? Would be news to me. I just searched NGK's website and find no indication as such.

Perhaps more accurately supply chain issues, I know even Brad @ E-Mag was having issues finding any to ship out with new units this summer.

I noticed Kelly's Heroes was on a movie channel a few weeks ago, and I recorded it. Seeing your YouTube snippet reminded me of that, and I need to watch it. Don Rickles was a master of sarcasm, and his portrayal of scheming Quartermaster Sergeant Crapgame was a tour de force of acting.

Back