[NA] Spicy Food Thread

I ate the Chip.

DON'T EAT THE CHIP!

That was easily the most horrible 15 minutes of 2021.
It burned my mouth for sure but no worse than a ghost pepper.

When it hit my stomach, there were about 4 minutes curled up on the floor feeling like I had just been stabbed.
It was up there with my appendix rupturing when I was 13.

It went away pretty quickly.

Where did you buy this? Apparently it's sold out online and I'm having trouble finding a store that has it in stock.

7-11 in Denton Texas.
Want me to buy one and mail it to you?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I hear ya. When I was younger I punished myself with the heat. Now I am more into flavor.
I'm with you. Years ago I would order hot just for hot's sake. Now I like spicy food, but I want flavor other than "hot."

I like most of my spice in the form of Indian or Thai food. There was a point I was eating Indian at least once a week, if not more. There was a Indian place across the street from our layover hotel in Shanghai that made the hottest vindaloo that I ever had. It was so hot it was inedible. It must have been the "dare" dish, because everything else was delicious. This place was who catered Air India flights out of Shanghai on their way back home, so you know it was authentic. Except for the mutton vindaloo. Never again...

I ate the Chip.

DON'T EAT THE CHIP!

When it hit my stomach, there were about 4 minutes curled up on the floor feeling like I had just been stabbed.

Did you ever see the web series Hot Ones? It's an interview show that, in between questions, the host and guest eat progressively hotter wings. It's pretty good if you've never seen it. (Here's a good episode with Paul Rudd and one with Neil Degrasse Tyson)

He also does a Paqui Chip Challenge. Here

My wife and I have probably seen every episode of hot ones. @eman1200 brought the hottest sauce from that lineup to Kentucky this year. It was pretty intense

I ate the Chip.

DON'T EAT THE CHIP!

OK, so maybe it didn’t happen, but in the image in my mind, during the four minutes on the floor, you definitely pooped yourself. :)

Where did you buy this? Apparently it's sold out online and I'm having trouble finding a store that has it in stock.
The Parker's that takes 30% of my take-home pay every month has them in stock.

I bought the Worlds hottest chocolate from amazon. Several people have said it is easily the worst thing ever. From here

peppers are growing well this year..
i-8TWzWtM-L.jpg

I know Scotch Bonnets are not that spicy, but a relative gave me a bunch from their yard. Any suggestions on what to make with them?

Id like to get some seeds off those scorpions. Hmmm.

I just pulled a bunch more of the batch u see in the pic before putting them in the dehydrator. I'll dry out the seeds for about a week then put 'em in the fridge. you're not all that far away, maybe if @RyanB gets the XMas GMU fly-in going this year I'll bring u some. open to trades as well :)

Pure. Fiery. Hell.
Before I realized the importance surgical gloves, I had a couple bad experiences making jerk chicken w/ habaneros. You don't really realize how many body parts you touch in a short period of time until you make something w/o gloves! :)

Last edited:
In 1962 the family went on a road trip to south Texas. Ended up in Neuvo Laredo Mexico. We bought a very large can of peppers to take home. After a year on the shelf in our pantry the can started to leak. My dad transferred the peppers to a glass jar using long tongs. A week later the skin on my dad’s hands started to peel. He decided to throw them out. :)

I just ate “carne asada” from a sketchy taco truck about 3/4 of a mile from the California / Baja California border, but no pics.

In my limited Spanish I think the place was called Burnt O-Ring.

3/4 of a mile North or South of the border?

3/4 North is way sketchier than South, just sayin'.

Baja is mellow, even Tijuana is nothing.

People who want to see a rough city need to go visit Surrey BC.

I made a pretty epic batch of gumbo this weekend. All of the evidence has disappeared though. Spicy without being hot.

True.

But some people will claim Tijuana is rough, yet I find it the opposite.
Now Surrey BC is an utter **** hole, and rough as heck.

If someone isn't murdered there the night before, the morning news will start with ' Wow nobody was murdered in Surrey last night '.

Now Surrey BC is an utter **** hole, and rough as heck.

If someone isn't murdered there the night before, the morning news will start with ' Wow nobody was murdered in Surrey last night '.

The morning news in Chicago would do the same, except they've never had a night without a murder.

I don't see a Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango, also known as the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper.

upload_2022-7-13_19-22-43.jpeg

It is a very hot type of pepper that Chief Wiggum served in his chili at Springfield's annual chili cook off.

My friend Billy grew a huge batch of reapers and scorps last year. Made some amazing hot food last fall. Hers a few shots of the pickings going down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220713-204333_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-204333_Facebook.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220713-204354_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-204354_Facebook.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1657762866996.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657762866996.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 12
I don't grow my own peppers unfortunately, but this bag of Carolina reapers powder that I bought can't even be opened without gloves, masks and goggles:)
It is third party tested, and surely the 1,106,000 Scoville units can't be too far from reality. I use it to make chili oil, and it works quickly giving a very good taste

upload_2022-7-13_21-53-29.png

I just ate “carne asada” from a sketchy taco truck about 3/4 of a mile from the California / Baja California border, but no pics.

In my limited Spanish I think the place was called Burnt O-Ring.
I ate at one of those a few years ago. Sick as a dog for a couple of days afterward and not, I suspect, because the food was spicy, since I eat spicy food all the time.

Back