Enjoying the V35B

PeterNSteinmetz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
PeterNSteinmetz
I was out finishing up my solo training time in the new to me V35B I bought part of. I must say that is such a pleasant plane to fly. Good speed for a single and nicely balanced controls.

Note I am not claiming it is the best aerodynamically designed single ever like some people do (or maybe I am a little ).

f479b47b6e1fe5837a1b1b27630c072d.jpg

Better watch out. They don't call those fork-tailed doctor killers for nuttin'.

Sigh...that makes two this year. All my fly-in buddies are getting planes even more faster than mine. :(

Last edited:
Beautiful plane. I’ve always wanted one ever since I flew in one over 10 years ago. Not the best fit for my mission or budget but a guy can dream. My favorite looking GA single right behind the Staggerwing I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out finishing up my solo training time in the new to me V35B I bought part of. I must say that is such a pleasant plane to fly. Good speed for a single and nicely balanced controls.

Note I am not claiming it is the best aerodynamically designed single ever like some people do (or maybe I am a little ).

Gorgeous Bo! Do you have an AirSkeg? Couldn’t tell from the picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many solo hours do you need before you can start flying passengers, or patients, or whatever

How many solo hours do you need before you can start flying passengers, or patients, or whatever
The insurance required 5 hours solo. Of course, legally one can do so after obtaining the high-performance endorsement.

What a sweet ride. You’re going to love it. Just keep it within the envelope - Bonanzas are slick, and they speed up quickly when going down hill.

If your approach speed is under control, you will find that it’s almost impossible to do a bad landing. I always look forward to the landing, even when I want to keep on flying.

If your approach speed is under control, you will find that it’s almost impossible to do a bad landing.
Depends on how you define a "bad landing". A V-tail owner gave me a ride once. Took off well to the right of the centerline. Coming home sure enough, he landed well to the right of the centerline. The whole time from short final to clearing the runway I was praying that the tire on that side doesn't blow.

What a sweet ride. You’re going to love it. Just keep it within the envelope - Bonanzas are slick, and they speed up quickly when going down hill.

If your approach speed is under control, you will find that it’s almost impossible to do a bad landing. I always look forward to the landing, even when I want to keep on flying.

I have enjoyed it so far, but you are correct about the speed. When coming into the pattern, you have to start slowing it down early enough.

Depends on how you define a "bad landing". A V-tail owner gave me a ride once. Took off well to the right of the centerline. Coming home sure enough, he landed well to the right of the centerline. The whole time from short final to clearing the runway I was praying that the tire on that side doesn't blow.

I don't know that that is a Bonanza thing -- do you think it is? There are a lot of pilots, especially student pilots, that are consistently off to one side or the other.

Depends on how you define a "bad landing". A V-tail owner gave me a ride once. Took off well to the right of the centerline. Coming home sure enough, he landed well to the right of the centerline.

He was just trying to make room for oncoming traffic.

Back