airplane ride

Seth.A

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Seth.A
I took a man from the faa for an airplane ride today. When it was over he gave me a piece of paper that said I was a temporary airman.

ppl complete!

My understanding is the regs call for a POA post and beers within 2 hours of passing a checkride, so I'm off to go fulfill the second half that requirement.

Congrats!

The regs also say that you must post photo evidence of such occasion! :)

Way to go!

Congrats!!! Feels good, dudnit? I just passed mine last month. Celebratory beverages were consumed in abundance. I'll raise one for you this evening! :cheers::cheerswine:

Way to go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The regs also say that you must post photo evidence of such occasion!
no photo evidence to be had. Everyone seemed pretty ho-hum about it. Same thing with my first solo, my cfi wasn't even there when I got back.

Honesty I couldn't understand why everyone wasn't jumping up and down and squealing with joy, but maybe that's just me ;)

Welcome to the League of Temporary Aviators.

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy and be safe! Consider signing up for WINGS at FAASafety.gov as a way to stay current and engaged in training beyond the checkride.

Congratulations!!

no photo evidence to be had. Everyone seemed pretty ho-hum about it. Same thing with my first solo, my cfi wasn't even there when I got back.

Honesty I couldn't understand why everyone wasn't jumping up and down and squealing with joy, but maybe that's just me ;)

I'm sorry about that experience for you. I don't even know you and I would have at least cheered you on with a high five or something....

Honestly my checkride events were similar.... I have no photo evidence and recall no sort of celebration at all. I didn't even get the chance to buy my examiner his customary 6 pack! (I still remember...the guy that I did my instrument ride with was an old WW2 pilot. Custom was that after a check ride he would pull out his typewriter and send the student off to the store for a 6-pack of (Schlitz I think it was) while he typed. I ended up using a different examiner for my private for some reason that I can't recall, and for my instrument ride ha had someplace he had to be so he rushed off....

I was really into photography back in those days but sadly I didn't get many pictures of me or my flying, the planes, etc. I guess I was busy focused on other things. With today's cell phone cameras, I suggest snapping a photo of every plane you fly and a few selfies now and then.

Back