Looking for a Cessna 210 and Saratoga to compare the interiors, ATL area

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
My Conquest is under contract and I think I want a 210 or a Saratoga. I have 34 years in Cessnas and about 10 hours in Pipers. But, I like the club seating idea. I want to look at both of them to see the roominess and ease of entry for myself. There aren’t many for sale and I’d rather know for sure which one I want, before I fly across the world to see one in person. I’ll buy lunch if anyone will show me their plane. And before anyone brings it up, no Bonanzas!! :)

Last edited:
Honestly, entry into a 210 isn’t really different than a 182.

Honestly, entry into a 210 isn’t really different than a 182.
I didn’t figure it was, but I’d like to look at the second and third row seating as well, knowing the rear seats are for kids. I am really wanting to check out the Saratoga, I don’t have hardly any time in any Piper models.

I didn’t figure it was, but I’d like to look at the second and third row seating as well, knowing the rear seats are for kids. I am really wanting to check out the Saratoga, I don’t have hardly any time in any Piper models.
I'm sure you know this but the Saratoga has the same fuselage as the Cherokee 6 and Lance and also the Seneca series. If you can get into one of those, it'll be the same as the Saratoga. My wife and I had a Cherokee 6/300 and loved the room in the back. That was the main reason we went the the Seneca for the new airplane. It's really comfortable in the back.

I'm sure you know this but the Saratoga has the same fuselage as the Cherokee 6 and Lance and also the Seneca series. If you can get into one of those, it'll be the same as the Saratoga. My wife and I had a Cherokee 6/300 and loved the room in the back. That was the main reason we went the the Seneca for the new airplane. It's really comfortable in the back.
I thought about a Seneca as well, but I’m thinking of selling the 182 once my son gets his IR, then have one plane to share!

4 hours since the OP's post and @Pilawt hasn't yet posted the Piper advertisement yet?

Must be a Saturday evening!

Yes, you definitely need to go sit in a club-seating-arranged PA-32 first. Any of the models will do. But before you climb in the back, make sure you adjust the pilot/co-pilot seats based on who would normally be in them (i.e. you). Having the front seats all the way back does interfere with the middle row of seats, making them unusable if you have tall people up front.

Have you considered a Mooney? It has a wider cabin than a 737 and makes its own fuel in flight.

They are also the best value in all of general aviation and they soar on shimmering blankets of rainbows!

We can fix you up. The TBM was a Mooney collaboration eliminating the 5 place M301. “M” in the TBM = Mooney.

Last edited:
We can fix you up. The TBM was a Mooney collaboration eliminating the 5 place M301. “M” in the TBM = Mooney.
Ha. I thought you were joking, but sure enough, that's exactly what the M stands for.

Now I have to go find that TIL thread.

My uncle had a Beech A-36. Only flew in it once, thought it was a great plane. Of course he up graded to a TBM700...:rolleyes:

I’ve seen that picture a few times on here! I’m looking at spending a good bit of cash and nothing beats crawling in and around one to see how it fits and feels.

If I were closer, I'd invite you flying.

That said, the planes you're looking at aren't rare. You should be able to find one of each somewhat quickly.

Back