FAA Request for Further Doc's

R

RecordsRequest

Just completed my first class medical. AME stated that the FAA may want to see additional information, but I passed without an issue. How long do those request usually take to come in the mail? Checking my mailbox vigorously and I am just curios when I can stop doing so.

If the AME didn't give you any hints about what additional information might be requested, he/she was negligent; you shouldn't have been left hanging.

I do believe it will involve any questions you answered yes to in section 18.

You passed and have in hand your medical - you weren’t deferred. Aren’t you done until you need to renew?

I was in a similar boat. My First Class was issued 25 May. I was told the FAA has 60 days to review. (That's apparently working days, not chronological... just so you know!)

Watched my mailbox like a hawk and thought I was in the clear when no letter came.

NOPE. The FAA dated the letter for 10 August, but I didn't see it until 27 August. Apparently it takes 17 days to get from OKC to Las Vegas.

They sent both a certified copy and a regular copy. The regular copy came on the 27th, the certified one not until earlier this week...

(( been too long of a day... my twisted little mind reads this thread title and goes... ))

"The FAA is requesting he use medical providers at a greater distance?"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back