More than the CogScreen (Wasn't required)

C

CesnaDriver 1

Hey fellow pilots,

Looking for some feedback. I recently had a deferral because I'm on medication. Part of my SI path required me to take a Cogscreen AE test and have a neurophysc report. However, when I arrived to take my CogScreen, they instead gave me the full-battery test.

I was only asked to take the Cogscreen AE, which I did well enough, but unfortunately underperformed on some parts. I have 2 questions

1) Does an average test score on the Cogscreen AE validate passing?
2) Due to the time and stress, I underperformed on other areas that were not part of the Cogscreen. This lead to a not-so-great report from the neurophysc :/. So, does this all factor into my whole test? Has anyone else had this happen?

I know I can take the test again, and the doctor advised cog-rehab. I'm sure if I'm not as stressed going in next time that I'll be fine. Waiting for my HIMS doctor to get back to me, but I was just curious if any of you had something similar happen.

Thanks All!

Well, you did badly on the cog screen so the neuropsychology proceed to try to clear you per his FAA instructions.apparently “no bueno”.....cogscreen is just that, “a screening test”., get it?

I can tell this from the mention of Cog-rehab.....

Well, you did badly on the cog screen so the neuropsychology proceed to try to clear you per his FAA instructions.apparently “no bueno”.....cogscreen is just that, “a screening test”., get it?

Okay, that makes sense, and thanks for clarifying. However, I'm still a little confused. I can still re-take the test right? Do you have any suggestions on how to better plan or prepare for it? As I said, I was just tired and wasn't expecting the whole battery to be done.

Okay, that makes sense, and thanks for clarifying. However, I'm still a little confused. I can still re-take the test right? Do you have any suggestions on how to better plan or prepare for it? As I said, I was just tired and wasn't expecting the whole battery to be done.

I think I've seen other members of PoA retake the Cogscreen, so I'm sure it can be done. I don't know if that requires time or cog rehab or money, but likely will be all three.

As far as better planning and preparation, I was told to "get a good night's sleep and get some food in you" before I took the Neuropsychologist full-battery test. There's no real way to prepare for it; it's not an academic "test" for which you can study.

Last edited:
It’s gimmicky. You can study for it. Find the tests themselves and simply practice. Or do the, ugh can’t think of it, gimmicky brain teaser website stuff.

Mechanical puzzles are very much the same. There’s a limited number of them, you pretty much CAN see them all and figure out “new” ones because you recognize the pattern.

It’s gimmicky. You can study for it. Find the tests themselves and simply practice. Or do the, ugh can’t think of it, gimmicky brain teaser website stuff.
Mechanical puzzles are very much the same. There’s a limited number of them, you pretty much CAN see them all and figure out “new” ones because you recognize the pattern.
There are 104 versions of cogscreen and the same one is never given to the same subject twice. Good luck with that.

Taken it three times (once in a hiring situation) negligible differences. Luminosity absolutely can help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back