For Sale MD88 Flight Deck $20k

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
If my wife would let me, I would take one of the emergency doors he is offering and hang it on the wall of my office. But, she won't.

And now we see what's happening to all the Delta and American Mad Dogs that got parked for good last year. :(

This could make a pretty sweet sim for someone who has the know-how.

About 30 years ago, Boeing Surplus in the Seattle area was selling a wooden 767 Cockpit mockup. Had basically the shape of the cockpit area, ending right behind the door, with the window frames. The panel was covered in stickers of the eventual avionics. Cost was something like $400.

Was tempted to get it as a cover for a hot tub, but my little pickup truck couldn't carry it....

Ron Wanttaja

About 30 years ago, Boeing Surplus in the Seattle area was selling a wooden 767 Cockpit mockup. Had basically the shape of the cockpit area, ending right behind the door, with the window frames. The panel was covered in stickers of the eventual avionics. Cost was something like $400.

Was tempted to get it as a cover for a hot tub, but my little pickup truck couldn't carry it....

Ron Wanttaja
Someone recently told me that they were at Airbus (company) a long time ago and they had a complete A320? made entirely out of wood. Must have been the pre-production model long before computer modeling was a big thing.

A while back I attended the Independence Air auction along with my inside sales person, who had been a FlyI flight attendant. We got various furniture for our office and the like. I actually one a UNS-1 FMS trainer but someone stole it before I could pick It up.

Also up for auction was a "cabin simulator" essentially maybe 20 rows of seats out of an Airbus complete with the lighting/pa controls etc... That went for real money.
Also was a evacuation slide trainer, essentially a metal tower with the slide coming down. I so wanted that. I settled for a few hundred FlyI branded approach plate binderes.

An 88 cockpit is VERY mancave like. Lots of switches, knobs and levers. Also very ergonomic, as fighter like as any airliner is ever gonna get. And there’s a seat for your buddy, so kinda social. No cup holders though...

This gets my seal of approval!

Also very ergonomic

There are a lot of things (mostly good!) I could say about my time in the -80, but I'm not certain 'very ergonomic' would be one of them. And that's coming from a dude that flies the 737. :p

Back