Pipistrel fires all US distributors

NorthEast Ohio

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
NorthEast Ohio
ANN is not exactly the most objective source. I’ll wait until more details are forthcoming from other sources.

I believe Mr. Campbell might have the skinny on this story, but seriously who cares.

ANN is not exactly the most objective source. I’ll wait until more details are forthcoming from other sources.
supported by the fact that most of the article described ANNs relationships with the companies.

They wouldn't give him a free aircraft like Cirrus did ?

The Panthera distributor is separate, and is still listed on the Pipistrel website.

Last edited:
“OK; for the record, Pipistrel-USA has been a sponsor of ANN up to this point. To avoid the hint of bias, we have discontinued that relationship for the foreseeable future.”

This line is misleading. There is no reason for Pipistrel-USA to be a sponsor because there is no Pipistrel-USA going forward and Campbell didn’t end anything to avoid the hint of bias.

“OK; for the record, Pipistrel-USA has been a sponsor of ANN up to this point. To avoid the hint of bias, we have discontinued that relationship for the foreseeable future.”

This line is misleading. There is no reason for Pipistrel-USA to be a sponsor because there is no Pipistrel-USA going forward and Campbell didn’t end anything to avoid the hint of bias.
Or they just notified him they were going to stop the sponsorship. We have no idea who actually terminated whatever agreement existed.

For those wondering what "ANN Sponsorship" entails,I've attached one of Campbell's motions from the Cirrus lawsuit where he establishes what ANN would do for Cirrus. Starts on page 5.

Ron Wanttaja

Attachments

• Ref 2 (Campbell motion to Dismiss).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
I, for one care, because I want the company to be healthy and solvent and making spares for my motorglider for years to come. (And not chasing Electric dreams of building flying cars for Uber). https://evtolinsights.com/2020/05/p...roject-but-remains-committed-to-uber-elevate/

I don’t know much about Coates, but I’ve flown planes owned or operated by him and Dave down in San Antonio is a top-notch guy who I personally saw doing his best to make for safe, happy new Pipistrel owners. I’m still bummed I ran out of money to finish my commercial motorglider rating with him in the Virus a decade ago. Wonder what Pipistrel has planned.

From Pipistrel’s Facebook page:

Announcement:
After 31 years of consecutive revenue growth and profitability, Pipistrel is set to have another year of record financial performance in 2021. So far, our aircraft have been sold in 97 countries and we are a global leader in electric, efficient, and autonomous flight.

In order to enhance our customer experience, Pipistrel will be revamping the way it sells in Australia, Denmark and USA, and will be elevating its level of service, support and parts availability in these three countries.

As a start of this reorganization, Pipistrel is welcoming all the customers from Australia, Denmark & USA to contact the company directly for all inquiries at: sales@... and for support at: support@...,
as the relationships with the current distributors in these countries are ending on Thursday, 12. August 2021.

For the owners of Pipistrel’s 2,300+ aircraft, we thank you for your loyalty to Pipistrel, and we look forward to serving you at an unprecedented level.
Yours,
Pipistrel Team

My experience in dealing directly with Pipistrel over the years has not been sanguine. I no long own a Pipistrel.

Back