[NA] Insurance Companies taking the fun out of flying

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I was reading through my aircraft insurance policy and now I am not sure I even want to continue flying anymore.

We can't freaking do anything it seems.

DOSEtpVXkAAJbY4.jpg

It doesn't specifically state anything about hauling "substances" across national borders or aiding in prison breaks so I guess we still have 1 tiny shred of utility left for now anyway.

there's actually a prison pretty close to an airport I fly into regularly for fuel. I kinda want to circle it, maybe drop fake joints over the prison, or fake prison gate keys or maybe little drawings on paper napkins of what looks like an escape plan. you know, to keep my old prison buddies entertained. also yeah, insurance companies can go s u c k it.

It doesn't specifically state anything about hauling "substances" across national borders or aiding in prison breaks so I guess we still have 1 tiny shred of utility left for now anyway.

So the FAA is saying, “Oh he’s the guy that’s only kidding. We can ignore this.” Wait, did they get the message to DEA and DHS and FBI, etc?:D

There’s no TFR or NOTAM around SuperMax in southern Colorado. In fact when taking off,the left turn out takes you over the prison. USAF beginners use the airport for practice every day...Not just SuperMax..there are 6 other facilities of incarceration in the town. 1V6

I was reading through my aircraft insurance policy and now I am not sure I even want to continue flying anymore.

We can't freaking do anything it seems.

View attachment 99764

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will have to keep my Atomic toys at home!!

But hey, the exclusion is only for hostile detonation. If you say that the handler is your buddy or uncle...

There’s no TFR or NOTAM around SuperMax in southern Colorado. In fact when taking off,the left turn out takes you over the prison. USAF beginners use the airport for practice every day...Not just SuperMax..there are 6 other facilities of incarceration in the town. 1V6
The airport was there before the prison. :)

Meh, if you detonate a nuclear bomb, just don’t tell the insurance company. It’s not like they’d find out or anything.

Man, they take all the fun out of our friend Mr Atom!

But hey, the exclusion is only for hostile detonation. If you say that the handler is your buddy or uncle...

Right. Recreational detonation should be okay. So if you decide to nuke a city, just be sure you have fun doing it.

Had a life insurance guy try to sell me a policy with Act of War exclusions. I told him what I did for a living and not to worry about getting back to me with options.

I don’t see anything about chemtrails. I think we’re safe - for a while.

That's better than my policy! At least you're covered in the case of accidental nuclear weapon detonation...

I've seen old film reels, back when there was discussion of using fission chain reaction to clear passes through mountains for highways.

In reality? Insurance companies don't want to cover any loss that they can't blame on someone else and recover their loss. They're a cancer on society.

Had a life insurance guy try to sell me a policy with Act of War exclusions. I told him what I did for a living and not to worry about getting back to me with options.

Yeah that shuts down life insurance salesman pretty quickly when it tell them I race experimental aircraft aka my sailplane.

Brian

Back