Pilot medical solution inc

Arob16

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arob16
Hey Gang,

I recently have had the need to establish a partnership with an AME org other than the typical one I use near home, due to a significant diagnosis/event I am going thru (colon cancer). I wanted to see if anyone here had experience with “Pilot Medical Solutions Inc” out of Oklahoma. I received the referral from AOPA. Their services appear to be impressive, they do a lot of communicating between Dr’s and the FAA. Seems pretty comprehensive.

Anyway, was just looking to see if anyone had experience with them. www.leftseat.com

Thanks - Adam

upload_2021-9-3_8-34-9.jpeg

Pilot Medical Solutions is very reputable and handles a lot of commercial and ATP pilots.

If you only need a class 3 go Basic Med. If you carry a Class 2 because you occasionally fly under your commercial certificate, give up the part time gig and go basic med.

I'm a little reticent to use anything AOPA recommends. Usually, that's a good deal only for AOPA, but I guess some times you get lucky.

Sorry to hear about your colon cancer. I sure hope they caught it early.

Pilot Medical Solutions is very reputable and handles a lot of commercial and ATP pilots.

Good feedback.. I feel pretty good about the reviews I see. I would go basicmed but I’m only 36 and still need to get my fair share of classed medical certs for a few more years due to some commercial ops I am in. Fingers crossed!

Good feedback.. I feel pretty good about the reviews I see. I would go basicmed but I’m only 36 and still need to get my fair share of classed medical certs for a few more years due to some commercial ops I am in. Fingers crossed!

Ouch! Only 36 and colon cancer? That’s too young! Not that any age is good but dang. Sure hope they get rid of it and you get certified. Good luck!

Ugggghh!! I wish you all the best in your cancer fight. Drop me a PM if you want to "talk shop," I'm also a (recovering) member of the Cancer Club -- the club where you want your name to not be on the list.... There were days when I wanted to talk about it with people, and days when I wanted to talk about anything else.

Imagine victory, and hold that image!

Hope you join the club of CA survivors (I'm a member). CA doesnt exclude you from a 3rd, 2nd or 1st class?

Hire Dr. Bruce Chien or Dr. Lou Fowler (both frequent contributors here). They know their stuff and can walk you through any potential mine fields.

Good luck with your treatment. Both of my parents had colon cancer, and with treatment (and surgery) they lived to be 89 and 90. Hang in there...health first, flying later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back