CE-501SP Single-pilot rules and confusion

RussR

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Russ
Looking for some advice. I have a client who is looking to buy a 501SP (not looking for advice on that, he wants what he wants).

I have a CE-500 type rating (not single-pilot) from several years ago but minimal experience. I took the checkride in a simulator and it was my first type rating (so I have an SOE requirement that I am still under) and took the checkride with a co-pilot, (so I have "SIC Required" on my certificate). I am not 12-month current. I have minimal turbine time.

I am confused with the rules for the 1SP.

To fly the plane for him, NOT including any insurance requirements, I THINK (please correct me if I am wrong):
- I need to go to recurrent
- I need a single-pilot endorsement (or is it that I need a single-pilot checkride)?
- I would need to finish my SOE with another pilot
-- If I do the recurrent or checkride in the plane (not a sim), does that remove the SOE?
- I do NOT need to meet the "normal" CE-500 single-pilot waiver time minimums (especially the 500 turbine)

Thanks for any advice. He really wants me as his pilot.

(Similar questions were asked and answered in my previous thread, but this is a slightly different situation. https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...-single-pilot-experience-requirements.131239/ )

Last edited:
501 does not require a SPW. I believe you will need to take another checkride in a 501 to remove the SIC required. I do not know of any 501 sims. My guess is that the 2nd checkride will remove the SOE but not sure.

Back