Garage upgrade project complete!

RudyP

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RudyP
I recently re-did the interior of my two garages with new LED recessed lighting, cabinets, epoxy floor, paint and some general clean up (e.g., enclosing the ugly furnace and water heater). Other than the fact that I really need at least another 4 car bays (and sadly I don't have the ceiling height for lifts) - I'm quite happy with how it came out.
B0000026.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg

Any other garage aficionados want to show off theirs?

Looks fantastic!

My new shop is still very much in work and not fully organized/moved into yet, but I do have that extra space you're looking for. :)

You're parking your 993 on the wrong side of that bay :)

jk, looks incredible, nice collection too! I am currently procrastinating my own garage reno project. I guess create usable storage space in attic project comes first, then I can dump all the ridiculous boxes of non-car things up there and have a sterile work space such as yours.

Whoa.... now wait a minute here... what are those shiny fast things doing where your junk is supposed to be?

Doesn’t look like any garage I’ve ever seen before... not even close.

I can’t see even one old airplane project in there? Where’d you hide it?!!

Pssst.... is my jealousy showing? Bravo, that’s pretty nice!

Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but is Ferrari spelled P O R S C H E? BWAHAHAHA really cracking myself up here...

Thanks. Since I can't live on an airpark and have a huge hangar attached to my house (which would literally be the dream for me), having nice garage space(s) is a good compromise. We have been in this house for over a year and the state of the garages was stressing me out.

Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but is Ferrari spelled P O R S C H E? BWAHAHAHA really cracking myself up here...

Ha - yeah, it's just my way of trolling the Ferrari... It also has a PCA (Porsche Club of America) sticker in the quarter window! Clearly tongue in cheek but I'm not really a Ferrari guy, just a Porsche guy who likes a few specific Ferraris.

jk, looks incredible, nice collection too! I am currently procrastinating my own garage reno project. I guess create usable storage space in attic project comes first, then I can dump all the ridiculous boxes of non-car things up there and have a sterile work space such as yours.

You have to just launch into it and get it done!

Rudy, Look up Jack Olsen and the 12 Gauge Garage...He's got a nice lift setup with low ceilings and lots of work area within a small garage.

Whoa.... now wait a minute here... what are those shiny fast things doing where your junk is supposed to be?

yeah, garages are supposed to be filled with junk.

Cant you dig down if you can lift up for car lifts?

Cant you dig down if you can lift up for car lifts?

I have looked at that in the past for a different house and it really wasn’t practical.

At some point, I will demolish the detached 2 car garage (the one on the left) and the adjacent carport to its left and rebuild a 3 wide garage in double height so that I can put 6 cars in there with 3 lifts. The reason I waited a year to do this cosmetic upgrade was that I was hesitating between the full project and doing this stopgap upgrade. Right now it is impossible to get a GC and labor to start a project like this here with so much demand and costs are insane so I decided to hold off for now but I have a serious parking issue already (2 cars parked outside) and it’s going to get worse as I am getting 2 additional cars next year…

My shop currently (it’s a mess...)

376C2E7A-D027-47A3-B64B-F24C79DA3545.jpeg

Y’all are a bunch of @$$holes showing off your garages to this city dweller that has been subjected to 14 years without a garage/workshop. I’m fortunate to have a hangar and a high wing so unfortunately that’s become the junk accumulation facility.

Mine's a mess at the moment too because nothing I'm working on currently fits in there. I'm going to have a shop like @Ted .... someday....
20210902_122811.jpg

Y’all are a bunch of @$$holes showing off your garages to this city dweller that has been subjected to 14 years without a garage/workshop. I’m fortunate to have a hangar and a high wing so unfortunately that’s become the junk accumulation facility.

I served my 20 years in the penitentiary known as New York City. No driveway, no garage, no car, no workshop. So, I served my time, and I ain’t never going back. ;)

Not even close, amateur... out of respect for Rudy, not gonna post it here. He might not sleep for a month, just can’t do that to him... seems like a nice guy.

Tools

Thank you! I can only imagine...

I hate you all. We live in a house where the garage is part of the basement. Half is finished so it leaves no room for anything in the garage side. Too much junk. One day I will have a real garage and a lift (or two).

I would post a picture of my garage, but Rudy might get envious of my Hyundai and probably won't leave me alone until I trade him for one of the those European cars in his garage.

I would post a picture of my garage, but Rudy might get envious of my Hyundai and probably won't leave me alone until I trade him for one of the those European cars in his garage.
I had the common courtesy to pull my Hyundai out of the garage first.

Looks good, I love that 355...

Yeah he said he doesn't really like Ferraris, but if you are going to be an owner, that would be one I'd choose.....or I'd love to have an F40 stowed away somewhere one day :)

OP, have you considered MaxJax as a stopgap? Pretty low overhead requirement, and not a lot of install investment, so might be a good temporary fix until you get the bigger garage to fit a full 2 post. Just a thought, I've considered one just due to the quasi-portability and not necessarily wanting to always have a lift in the middle of my garage. I'm not sure how they do in the wear and tear/longevity department though.

Yeah he said he doesn't really like Ferraris, but if you are going to be an owner, that would be one I'd choose.....or I'd love to have an F40 stowed away somewhere one day :)

OP, have you considered MaxJax as a stopgap? Pretty low overhead requirement, and not a lot of install investment, so might be a good temporary fix until you get the bigger garage to fit a full 2 post. Just a thought, I've considered one just due to the quasi-portability and not necessarily wanting to always have a lift in the middle of my garage. I'm not sure how they do in the wear and tear/longevity department though.

I'd love to have an F40 too (or 288 GTO while we're at it!)

In terms of lifts, while I do work on my cars and a lift clearly beats jacks and jackstands my main reason for wanting lifts is for stacked parking and I just don't have the ceiling height for two cars + the thickness of the lift + the foot or so of extra room you generally need so that everything has a couple inches of clearance and the lift can rise above then come down onto the latches. I used to have one of the most ceiling space efficient lifts (the Autostacker by Bendpack) in my previous house in San Diego but I had 2 ft more ceiling height there.
IMG_1307.jpeg

I just don't have the ceiling height for two cars + the thickness of the lift + the foot or so of extra room you generally need
Your cars are too tall. You need lower cars. ;)

Back