Which FBO at PSP?

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
My wife and I are going to spend the weekend in Palm Springs in about 3 weeks and I see they have two FBOs. Which is better for my single engine Piper Comanche, Signature or Atlantic?

We will also be getting a rental car and I booked on with National Car rental using our Emerald Club so Id like it dropped at the airplane.

My wife and I are going to spend the weekend in Palm Springs in about 3 weeks and I see they have two FBOs. Which is better for my single engine Piper Comanche, Signature or Atlantic?

We will also be getting a rental car and I booked on with National Car rental using our Emerald Club so Id like it dropped at the airplane.
It’s been a few years but I’ve been to both. I liked Atlantic better. No particular reason, just liked the feel and atmosphere better. They brought the car right out to the plane. Don’t know if Signature does it or not. Or If Atlantic does anymore. They’ll know though, give em a call.

I was looking at Atlantic because it seems smaller. I get the feeling that Signature prefers the larger airplanes.

I've been to both. Service was far superior at Atlantic. Signature is located next to the passenger terminal, which may make ground transportation arrangements easier. Atlantic is on the the opposite side of the airport, but it is within walking distance of the air museum, which is worth a visit. And they have an outdoor pool you can hang around at.
Definitely call both for fees. You are looking at $15-25 per night plus a security fee, and a handling fee if you don't buy fuel. If fees are equal, I would go to Atlantic. Both give discounts on fuel on the weekends; Atlantic's 100LL price is lower. Can ask the staff to arrange the rental car delivery.
Jon

Signature or Atlantic
I prefer Atlantic. I have nothing against Signature, but the Atlantic one just felt like an overall better experience. If you're leaving the airport I find it is also in a more convenient location

Oh, and last time I was there Signature's POS was down so they hand took my credit card info and gave me a manual receipt, the whole thing felt very hokey, and my card wasn't charged until about 3 months later

So yeah - Atlantic.

BUT, if you want to do the whole "cool, I feel like a big plane" thing then Signature is right there by the commercial terminal, so you'll be queued up with Airbuses and Boeings.. if that's important to you. I went there last time simply because I had non pilot pax with me who hadn't been in a small plane before so thought that would be a 'cooler' thing for them

I am actually going to go through Signature. I like the idea of Atlantic better and they are less expensive and would proper cater to the single engine GA community better but they cant accommodate our rental car like Signature can. Signature has a relationship with National where I have an Emerald account and they will bring the car to the plane. Atlantic only uses their in-house Go Rental which quoted me almost twice the rental price for a basic of all basic cars whereas National gave me a Premium car for half. Signatures fees are more expensive but if I buy fuel, which I had planned on doing anyway, they are about the same.

Atlantic will drive you over to the airline terminal to pick up a rental car, and come get you when you drop it off. Less convenient than having the car brought planeside, but they will pull the van right up to your plane. If you're heading into Palm Springs city, that's the direction you're going anyway.

Sometime Go Rentals will match the price of another company if you ask.

Jon

I called Go Rentals to ask and they basically told me that they dont adjust prices.

Atlantic is away from the passenger term which has the ground transport, if you need 100 LL then you can do a side trip to KTRM which has a self serve, but no $100 burger .... sigh no where is perfect. KUDD has the restaurant.

Used Atlantic a few times and would not hesitate to go back...also have used UDD quite a bit as well simply cuz it was closer to my destination at the time.

Back