Steak Sauce

If it’s a high quality steak well prepared nothing.

If it needs sauce then this stuff
32ed0384-695e-4d90-b4bc-646e1cb8922b_1.f48aa2edce415924e671fb25f5542e66.jpeg

can't remember the last time I put steak sauce on steak. BUT, when I was a young kid, ugh, can't believe imma say this........I used to put ketchup on my steak. my parents wanted to disown me.

I’ve always found a well seasoned steak doesn’t need any sauce. But if I had to put something on the steak it’s going to be salsa lizano

I'm with @cowman and @eman1200 on this one . . . a properly cooked cut of meat will hold its own with me.
E, the only meat you should put ketchup on is an all-beef hot dog, or a hamburger. Glad you outgrew that phase!

Steak sauce is something you put on a very poor quality steak, to embarrass your host.

Properly grilled, a steak naturally has a delicious flavor.

Any place providing steak sauce is basically telling me they know there is a significant possibility that their steaks suck. A steak only needs salt and pepper. Sometimes a nice compound butter will add more happiness to my meat.

I rarely will order steak in a restaurant unless it’s one specifically known for their steaks. I don’t like paying $20+ for a tiny piece of ‘meh’ grade beef.

I rarely will order steak in a restaurant unless it’s one specifically known for their steaks. I don’t like paying $20+ for a tiny piece of ‘meh’ grade beef.
Yeah same here.

I’m in the no sauce camp. Good steaks need nothing, misteaks need smothered in sauce.

Good steak:

7FF28EA4-C79A-40EC-B1D5-021BD75DE775.jpeg

Best steak is to get just the right amount of salt at just the right time during BBQ'ing
The steak itself should provide the flavor.

When I do use sauce , I like Sweet Baby Ray's original , which has a bit of molasses in it.

Chimichurri or Bernaise. Anything that comes out of a bottle is off limits unless the steak is top sirloin or flank, in which case I’m probably trying to feed it to the cat anyway.

I really like A1. Now I like a good steak with no steak sauce on it but I'm not sure how else to get my A1 fix

When I do use sauce , I like Sweet Baby Ray's original , which has a bit of molasses in it.

I mix Sweet Baby Rays 50/50 with rooster sauce. It cuts the sweetness and makes for a tasty hot BBQ sauce.

I really like A1. Now I like a good steak with no steak sauce on it but I'm not sure how else to get my A1 fix
Whataburger used to have an A1 Burger that I liked okay for getting that "fix". I've also had it put on custom burgers from places like Fat Guys Burger Bar or similar.

A nice peppercorn sauce on steak is to die for….

Texas Roadhouse do a excellent one

You buy some of them steakums ror Sizzlers and cook em in your A1 and put it on hamburger buns

Me too! Had an 8oz sirloin this evening with some A1 and it was top notch!

What do you like?
If it's a rib/loin cut, a nice mahogany sear and nothing else.

A cheaper cut, I might go with a gremolata. I kind of like chimichurri with a flank steak.

Filet mignon, I'd go with a traditional au poivre.

No steak sauce on any steak. If it needs it, it's cooked wrong bad quality and I'm not eating it. And all steaks should never ever under any circumstance be cooked more than medium. I personally have them medium rare. So...medium rare and NO steak sauce! Man I'm hungry now.

Almost always none. Maybe once a year or so I’ll use A1 on an average to halfway decent steak. If there’s 57, I’ll try that once a year or so also.

You buy some of them steakums ror Sizzlers and cook em in your A1 and put it on hamburger buns

I’ve always used “steakeze” in an A1 and beer mix, then put it on a good sub roll, add cheese and toast for a cheap “Philly”.

I like A1 sauce on everything except for steak.

-Burgers
-Cottage cheese
-Boiled eggs

Well okay maybe not fish.

Back