EFB question

cowtowner

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Cowtowner
So I use foreflight and have it loaded on both my ipad and iPhone.

My wife flies with me on occasion amd wants her own iPad so she can see traffic. I don’t want to pay for another subscription.

Is there another free EFB program that will show traffic from my Garmin 345?

My wife flies with me on occasion amd wants her own iPad so she can see traffic. I don’t want to pay for another subscription.

Is there another free EFB program that will show traffic from my Garmin 345?
Email ForeFlight and ask for traffic to be added to the passenger app.
https://www.foreflight.com/products/passenger/

The VFR version of WingX is free and should be fine for what you want. You can also install Foreflight on two IPads and one IPhone.

The VFR version of WingX is free and should be fine for what you want. You can also install Foreflight on two IPads and one IPhone.
Don't think it can use a Garmin 345 feed.

I wasn’t aware that Foreflight could be installed on two iPads and still have a copy on an iPhone. Thanks for the information.

I have it on two iPads and my iPhone, same subscription. Not sure if I'm supposed to, but I do. :) And they all work.

The subscription allows 3 devices.

Dunno if the passenger app show traffic, but if so that’s another option.

Avare on Android, free and not bad for free

From ForeFlight's website: Annual subscription grants license to one individual to use ForeFlight on 2 iPads and 1 iPhone, or 1 iPad and 2 iPhones.

You can fly with 3 active mobile devices running Foreflight.

Does avare work with the 345? If so, that's really cool!
I know this is old, but bringing this back. Garmin pilot is getting harder to use and starting to be more like Foreflight (which is very unintuitive to me).

I have a GTX-345 that I get traffic data sent to my IPAD and want a simple VFR tablet app to use.

Pilot seems to take 50 clicks to edit a flight plan now, and seems to be going down the rabbit hole of "more features" thereby making it harder to use for VFR flight, traffic, situation awareness, airport/airspace info/etc.

What are the current recommendations?

I know this is old, but bringing this back. Garmin pilot is getting harder to use and starting to be more like Foreflight (which is very unintuitive to me).

I have a GTX-345 that I get traffic data sent to my IPAD and want a simple VFR tablet app to use.

Pilot seems to take 50 clicks to edit a flight plan now, and seems to be going down the rabbit hole of "more features" thereby making it harder to use for VFR flight, traffic, situation awareness, airport/airspace info/etc.

Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight and FltPlan Go are the only EFBs which will read the 345 bluetooth feed of GPS and ADS-B data. FltPlan Go is free but only you can decide what is "intuitive" for you.

Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight and FltPlan Go are the only EFBs which will read the 345 bluetooth feed of GPS and ADS-B data. FltPlan Go is free but only you can decide what is "intuitive" for you.
Thanks Mark. I'll give FltPlan Go a "go" and see. :)

If you don’t update ForeFlight, you don’t get the bloat in the useless features you might not want or need, and also your old device can still run efficiently. This only works for so long however; I’m running a six-year-old iPad with a four-year-old version of the software, never upgraded.

If you are inputting a flight plan, then all you have to do is type in the icao identifier. If you want to edit an existing one, have you tried the "graphically edit flight plan" option?

I know this is old, but bringing this back. Garmin pilot is getting harder to use and starting to be more like Foreflight
Do you have your GP linked to FltPlan Go? That complicates the daylights out of GP for me. I unlinked the two and I find GP very easy to use now.

If you are inputting a flight plan, then all you have to do is type in the icao identifier. If you want to edit an existing one, have you tried the "graphically edit flight plan" option?

I’ll fuss with it. Honestly I used to be able to use it without thinking about the software, but last time I tried to bike and replace a flight plan I was left screwing around with it trying to clear it. I’m vfr so I want the tablet to be simple easy click and go and it was fussy.

I just went and canceled my premium level which I had only for safetaxi. Garmin can kiss that $80 goodbye. Hopefully that simplifies it.

Clicking on airspace is way worse than it used to be, and changing a direct to is now a few more clicks but it’s “usable”. Now.

Thank you all, honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back