I've got a Jet

Racerx

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
Just don't know where to park it... Came to the airport tonight to give one of the planes a washin'. My home base is C81, not a place you'd see a jet, considering there's no jet a available. Heck last I checked a month ago the 100LL pump was inop as well. But there it was in all it's glory. Parked on the ramp blocking normal access to the fuel pump and hanging it's tail out so you gotta put the mains in the grass if you're in the upper hangars. Probably shouldn't complain since anyone with those means could probably just buy the damn airport.

Question, what's the takeoff distance for a Cessna 525? 9/27 at Campbell are only 3270'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-205133~2.png
    Screenshot_20210823-205133~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20210823_202835072.jpg
    IMG_20210823_202835072.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 362
I couldn’t tell you what the performance numbers are on a citation but I know there was one based at the first airport I had a hangar at. That runway was 3300x50. I assume they took off light and went to the nearby big airport to fuel and pick up passengers.

Have no idea but I flew over C81 today in my first Cessna 195 ride.

A) 195’s are iconic and amazingly fun to fly.
B) After all these years, I didn’t realize they had 2 runways.

I find it interesting that they specify that the landing gear is down for the takeoff. ;)
There are interlocks that prevent the gear from retracting on the ground, but they can be fooled as the plane gets lighter on takeoff.

Ron Wanttaja

There are interlocks that prevent the gear from retracting on the ground, but they can be fooled as the plane gets lighter on takeoff.

Ron Wanttaja
My airplane says “selected up at 35 feet” on the climb chart, but Beech apparently assumes you’re smart enough to know that takeoff distance is based on rolling on the wheels, not skidding on the belly.

I find it interesting that they specify that the landing gear is down for the takeoff. ;)

Some things are harder to understand than others like the instructions on this shirt:

591d88810e538_2ulbO3r__605.jpg

Someone should also suggest that whoever that is buy a manicure set and practice a bit.

3300 is not that big of a deal for a CJ3, especially when light. I've flown the Challenger 605 into a 4300' runway before, and that was a butt puckering experience.

Weird. I flew in there in the archer...I would have described it as "rustic"....not a place I'd take a jet lol. The grass along the narrow taxiway was tall enough to brush the wings.

I remember being quite low over the mcmansions departing 27, and the school kids at recess crowding along the fence to watch. I bet they all enjoyed hearing that thing depart.

Have no idea but I flew over C81 today in my first Cessna 195 ride.

A) 195’s are iconic and amazingly fun to fly.
B) After all these years, I didn’t realize they had 2 runways.
I hope this is an upcoming episode!!! L-O-V-E the 195, but I know didly squat about those engines. Thanks in advance!

I hope this is an upcoming episode!!! L-O-V-E the 195, but I know didly squat about those engines. Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately I didn’t have the camera equipment to hook up. I did get some quick shots on the ground. He was taking me to pick my plane up from ENW. I will do a dedicated video on it one day. He also has a sweet Stearman I’m looking forward to getting up in.

Maybe its in repo danger. Who is the registered owner?

Maybe its in repo danger. Who is the registered owner?

Apparently registered to a trust...

PETERSEN ESPER A TRUSTEE
BURLINGTON , WI, US'

While the trust is in Wisconsin, the name of the trustee looks up to a commercial real estate guy about 13 miles from C81 in Gurnee.

Apparently registered to a trust...

PETERSEN ESPER A TRUSTEE
BURLINGTON , WI, US'

While the trust is in Wisconsin, the name of the trustee looks up to a commercial real estate guy about 13 miles from C81 in Gurnee.
So why is it not at KUGN where they have jet fuel and not blocking the ramp at my "rustic" base. I like the "rustic" word.

In all honesty I'm not REALLY complaining. More like what is that fancy and expensive flying machine doing here? Where we trim the weeds with a snowplow.

3300 is not that big of a deal for a CJ3, especially when light.

The straight wing Citations get a lot of crap for not being a 'real' jet, but I always thought their versatility was pretty impressive.

The straight wing Citations get a lot of crap for not being a 'real' jet, but I always thought their versatility was pretty impressive.

They are very versatile airplanes for sure. And I assume the 525 series flies like the 500 series, which was like flying a fast 182.

You know, I did hear they were going to film another season of airplane repo....

You do realize that entire show was staged, right?

They chartered an airplane from a former employer in order to "repo" it.
You do realize that I'm not an idiot, right?

An out of the way rustic airport like c81 would be a perfect place to stage one of their dumb chases.

You know, I did hear they were going to film another season of airplane repo....

I sent in a resume which included a picture of me and a C-206 at a remote off airport landing in Alaska.

There was a question: Why should you be considered for this position? Answer: Because I am not some nancy boy that has only flown from paved airport to paved airport, Plus unlike the ''actors'' I have actually done repos. (cars only, but I left that out)

There's a Cessna 414 parked at 2300' grass airstrip that I frequent. Looks a little out of place with the ultralights, experimentals, and trailers for powered parachutes. Good looking plane, though.

Below ten we all do 250 and the yoke comes out of the floor. Yep it’s a jet.

it was my first type. All I remember was it was slow, predictable and 14.400lbs. It was a fun little airplane.

"Near jet" is what a good buddy of mine calls them. He has both a Citation and Lear type, so he's a little more entitled to use that term than most others.

I had some smart axx say “following a Citation… okay we’ll pull it back”. ATC said no, what’s your best Mach number to try to minimize the gap.
I can’t remember their response, but my swept wing Citation was leading the pack into SFO at .92

I didn't like C81 when I was based there with my Sport. ..:rolleyes:

I had some smart axx say “following a Citation… okay we’ll pull it back”. ATC said no, what’s your best Mach number to try to minimize the gap.
I can’t remember their response, but my swept wing Citation was leading the pack into SFO at .92
This for sure. There’s a lot of airplane in the citation family.

There's a Cessna 414 parked at 2300' grass airstrip that I frequent. Looks a little out of place with the ultralights, experimentals, and trailers for powered parachutes. Good looking plane, though.

Bring out the drug sniffing dogs.

Back