FAA investigates DPE Wittikiend Firing

Daleandee

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dale Andee
SAT engaging in reprisal antics? This is my shocked face :rolleyes:

That fiefdom has been running wild for a while now. On the plus side, I relish on some pretty good schadenfreude when petty functionaries go at each other's knees. Just like my support of female volleyball; endeavors where regardless of outcome, I always win. :eek::D

5l80b9.jpg

Wow no surprise to me…I can think of some others they can investigate…circle the wagons…nothing will happen…

This is impossible. I’ve been told by people on this forum that the Faa would never remove someone privileges unless they really did something wrong, so there’s no way this guy has been penalized for 8 months if he didn’t deserve it.

If you're not in the clique ...

After the FSDO became aware of the movement, or possibly once they had had enough of it, FSDO manager Mike Carroll directed FSDO safety representative Ryan Newman to give Pilots For Ken co-founder Jeremy Walters what the FAA refers to as counseling. Newman, who attended the same video call as Wittikiend had been fired for attending, informed Walters at Carroll’s direction, that his actions speaking up against the FSDO’s firing of Wittikiend constituted behavior that was prohibited by FAAST team bylaws. Those bylaws state, “Representatives will conduct activities professionally and in a manner that reflects favorably on the FAAST Team, thereby enhancing the relationship between the FAA and the aviation industry.”

I hate your political party and condone masks worn like ascara, and fly high wings and think tail dragger pilots are closet homosexuals and by the way I hate them too let's go ahead and lock this thread

Lock this thread

Lock this thread

And wimmin why did we ever

Lock this thread

Lock this thread

Insert Dean Wormer quote here.
I hate your political party and condone masks worn like ascara, and fly high wings and think tail dragger pilots are closet homosexuals and by the way I hate them too let's go ahead and lock this thread

Lock this thread

Lock this thread

And wimmin why did we ever

Lock this thread

Lock this thread

Color me also shocked that there might be retaliation involved.

I wish they'd also investigate why Charlie McDougal got fired down there... and Lewis Barr... just sayin'.

I wish they'd also investigate why Charlie McDougal got fired down there...

Strange that there doesn't seem to be much being said about that from what little I can find ...

Charlie McDougal was fired? Damn.
It would take a significant revelation from the OKC FAA for me to believe Charlie wasn’t fired for being right. I still believe he was the best DPE in the district - despite his “pink slip” reputation.

I made an effort not to operate from that jurisdiction anymore until there were some changes. It was (is?) toxic. I literally had an inspector tell me I needed to know how much sleep a student had and what he had for breakfast and how he was doing… the student did make a significant fatigue related error on a solo but an an instructor can’t be God, or pry too far either or a student will find an instructor who won’t, besides the inspector acted like he didn’t hear the fact that the student and I actually did discuss the factors and the student chose to extend the flight anyway.

There are also good reasons why most of my peers sent students out of district for checkrides, especially to Brownwood. Too many in-district failures when you know your student was actually better than the guy your peer sent to an out-of-district DPE - and he passed - will teach instructors to send their students to greener pastures which has the reverse affect on standards that the FSDO probably intended by being petty tough.

For the record, I don’t hate the FAA and have had no negative or unfair interactions whatsoever with the Lubbock or DFW FAA people.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a video that has started this latest bruhaha:

Edit: Something that hasn't been spoken much about is that the CFI in the plane during the water skiing event admitted that the plane they used belong to Ken. To be clear Ken was not in the plane during the event.

Last edited:
Back