Apple Watch

172andyou

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
172 Guy
I bought an apple watch to get a single feature I needed for work. I find myself liking it much more than I anticipated, so...

What are the best flight apps?

For me? The Timer app which automatically repeats every 30 minutes and vibrates pretty strongly on my wrist. Finally I can remember to switch tanks reliably. As long as I remember to start it in the first place.

I don’t have any watch apps specific to aviation.

If it takes more than thirty strokes?

Contact your urologist maybe? Just sayin.

For me? The Timer app which automatically repeats every 30 minutes and vibrates pretty strongly on my wrist. Finally I can remember to switch tanks reliably. As long as I remember to start it in the first place.

I don’t have any watch apps specific to aviation.

imagine that........a 'timer'....on a watch....

“Altimeter” is kind of cool. There are also some apps that will show metars, etc on the watch face.

Not on an Apple (I detest square watches) but my Garmin Vivoactive 4S watch has a METAR/TAF app that is actually quite useful.

AeroWeather Pro

ZuluTime WatchKit

WatchMetar

and @EricBe has creating a complication for MyFlightBook on his future feature to-do list

imagine that........a 'timer'....on a watch....

what is amazing is before the Apple Watch that was really hard to find. There were some devices sold for ADD folks, but very little else with the combination of vibration + auto repeat, at least that I could find.

I bought an apple watch to get a single feature I needed for work. I find myself liking it much more than I anticipated, so...

What are the best flight apps?
I just got one with the O2 readout... but if often complains that apparently aircraft vibration is "moving" my wrist too much to give a reading. :-(

Paul

I just got one with the O2 readout... but if often complains that apparently aircraft vibration is "moving" my wrist too much to give a reading. :-(

The Activity app sometimes congratulates me for meeting my daily “Move” goal, when I’ve done nothing but just sit in my cockpit, getting bounced around by turbulence.

I take it as congratulations for withstanding the chop.

The Activity app sometimes congratulates me for meeting my daily “Move” goal, when I’ve done nothing but just sit in my cockpit, getting bounced around by turbulence.

I take it as congratulations for withstanding the chop.

I'm having the opposite problem. I do hill climbs when I go walking and it seems to decide that I'm not making enough horizontal progress to count as exercise even though, ironically, it's the most strenuous part of my workout. So I'm out and moving for 35 minutes but I don't get my dang circle closed because I only got credit for 26!

Aeroweather. I have the closest reporting airport shown as a complication on my watch face. I always know the wind and temp basics and with a tap on the screen can see a full METAR and same for a list of other nearby airports.

Aeroweather. I have the closest reporting airport shown as a complication on my watch face. I always know the wind and temp basics and with a tap on the screen can see a full METAR and same for a list of other nearby airports.

Pro or Lite version? Which subscriptions are you using?

Your description sounds much like StationWeather, which I’m using (without upgrading or subscription). The description in App Store, though, sounds like Aeroweather can do much more than StationWeather — I’m just not sure which features go with which upgrade/subscription.

Back