ouch

The article didn't say anything other that "he couldn't control his parachute" so I'm wondering if he couldn't turn over in free fall which would be unlikely for an experienced skydiver or if his parachute opened but he got stuck in a head down fashion.

The article didn't say anything other that "he couldn't control his parachute" so I'm wondering if he couldn't turn over in free fall which would be unlikely for an experienced skydiver or if his parachute opened but he got stuck in a head down fashion.

It says he “got stuck upside down”

It says he “got stuck upside down”

Yeah..got it. Stuck upside down meaning what - head low, feet high or on his back and unable to turn over to deploy the chute? Was the chute even deployed?

What happens if you pull the chute when you’re on your back and feet higher? I’d think you could get tangled up pretty good

Yeah..got it. Stuck upside down meaning what - head low, feet high or on his back and unable to turn over to deploy the chute? Was the chute even deployed?

who knows. it's the media for cryin out loud, for all we know they meant he owed more money on his parachute than it was worth....

who knows. it's the media for cryin out loud, for all we know they meant he owed more money on his parachute than it was worth....

I'm blaming you for posting it. This is PoA for crissakes my brutha! By posting this you automatically become responsible for all answers to questions we might have. Reference - PoA rulebook, bylaws, section 4-6. ;)

I'm blaming you for posting it. This is PoA for crissakes my brutha! By posting this you automatically become responsible for all answers to questions we might have. Reference - PoA rulebook, bylaws, section 4-6. ;)

because everyone knows, if you have a question, ask sac

I don't even read that well and I got this out of how he ended up feet up head down!

Price was doing a solo jump and doing mid-flight tricks, when he got stuck upside down.

Well now he needs to prove or dispel it by jumping out of a plane rolling over back down, face up, feet up and deploying his chute ... video of results or it didn't happen;)

Could he have been doing aerobatics under canopy and fallen into the canopy? The press could turn that into upside down pretty easily.
The story mentioned significant injuries, hard to see head down alone being enough.

One of the things that makes skydiving somewhat risky is that many skydivers are not particularly risk averse. If you took up skydiving and flew conservatively, you'd be at less risk of serious injury or death than you would be flying a GA plane. But then there are divers who fly small canopies and make hook turns close to the ground. At about 12 seconds into this video, this jumper goes just about prone:

Say you had loosened up your harness to do canopy tricks, loose enough to where you could wind up head down far enough to where you couldn't get back up, and also say you were flying one of those small canopies with a rate of descent of around 1200 fpm and a forward speed somewhere between 15 and 22 mph. That would likely be enough to break your neck.

Back