Grumman AA-5 for sale - did I miss this? Bryan??

Movin’ up to a Tiger, eh?

Last I heard he was moving up to a Debonair

Bryan is right on one point--- All those cool stickers add speed. Especially the Parr 4 The Course sticker.. That's at least 5knts IAS.

Last edited:
Grumman ain't going to fly the 4 of us anymore. Looking at Debs, Comanches and dare I say it here for fear of hearing the collective "I told you so" maybe possibly a Bo.
I am going to let the ad run another week then slowly ratchet the price down until it sells. I'm in no rush so I have time to find out just how messed up the market is.

Selling a plane is proving to be more complicated than buying. Scammers out the ass, two came out to look, one flew but couldn't convince their wife, the other couldn't convince his business partner.
One just called to talk to me which I found a little weird. "Not interested in the plane, just wanted to visit"

How are these scammers stealing planes?
I keep getting this: "I will buy it but it has to be done today and only a money order, no wires".
how are you going to steal a plane and not be located? I don't get that one.

I think maybe I took a $5K hit when I traded my airplane. If I did, it was completely and utterly worth it. Selling airplanes is like pulling teeth. Good luck Bryan, don't let the bastiches get you down.

Hold out for a Mooney. j/k you should get the Comanche.

@SixPapaCharlie ... in line with your satirical humor, I think you are missing this sticker in the collection on your rudder.

And one of the instructors I work with at GoFlyTexas owns a Deb. Let me know if you want his contact information for your resource list.

Grumman ain't going to fly the 4 of us anymore. Looking at Debs, Comanches and dare I say it here for fear of hearing the collective "I told you so" maybe possibly a Bo.
I am going to let the ad run another week then slowly ratchet the price down until it sells. I'm in no rush so I have time to find out just how messed up the market is.

Selling a plane is proving to be more complicated than buying. Scammers out the ass, two came out to look, one flew but couldn't convince their wife, the other couldn't convince his business partner.
One just called to talk to me which I found a little weird. "Not interested in the plane, just wanted to visit"

How are these scammers stealing planes?
I keep getting this: "I will buy it but it has to be done today and only a money order, no wires".
how are you going to steal a plane and not be located? I don't get that one.

Hey, my old 172 sold for asking price off of DFW Craigslist - you might actually want to try that.

When I saw that your ad mentioned that this is the airplane seen on Just Plane Silly and you listed your cell phone number, I thought “does he realize what he’s done. In just two hours walking around Oshkosh with you and seeing the number of people that recognized you, I wouldn’t say you are a rock star, maybe more like the drummer from Coldplay, but I can imagine that a bunch of socially awkward fanboys would love to call you.

When I saw that your ad mentioned that this is the airplane seen on Just Plane Silly and you listed your cell phone number, I thought “does he realize what he’s done. In just two hours walking around Oshkosh with you and seeing the number of people that recognized you, I wouldn’t say you are a rock star, maybe more like the drummer from Coldplay, but I can imagine that a bunch of socially awkward fanboys would love to call you.

Yeah, that was kinda weird. You and I were both experiencing that for the first time.

Google voice is your friend! Never give out your real number, especially if you're famous!

Oh, I've already put his number on the restrooms walls in truckstops from here to Omaha

That explains all the calls I am getting from Omaha Steaks.

Just did the google voice deal. that is super simple.

Always.

Google voice is your friend
Google Voice is amazing and simple to set up. Like a burner phone without the need to buy another phone :rofl:

That is a great looking aero-plane. I love this shot, tho. Ghost ridin' in the sky...
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ0YXAtYXNzZXRzMSIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJmaXQiOiJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6eyJhbHBoYSI6MSwiciI6MjU1LCJiIjoyNTUsImciOjI1NX19LCJzbWFydE92ZXJsYXkiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidGFwLWFzc2V0czEiLCJrZXkiOiJ3YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nIn19LCJrZXkiOiI4MTc4NzUuanBnIn0=

Glwts. Did 4 in the Mooney for 5.5 Hobbs and yeah, get a Deb/Bo. 3 is no problem, but 4 was just a bit too much like the airlines. I’ll keep my eye out for local stuff for you.

Back