Tiny Piaggio with Raptor Goals...

That target MGW is a work of fiction for a pressurized 4-6 seat twin.

So I guess all you need to get VC these days is the ability to sketch a plane in flight sim and make a web page. My teenager should give this a try, except he has moral scruples.

At least they got the color of the lights on the wingtips correct.

The TP100 engines weigh about 140lb each. 1,700lb empty weight is ambitious, for sure, but I’d say possible.

Three-surface planes can be awfully slippery if everything’s right. Interesting project.

They need to tie these venture capital things to a good online gambling site. I'd invest money in betting whatever that is never gets off the ground in anything close to the 3d image. What odds would I get? Hint - the CG is way f***d up.

Looking over the website I recalled what my dad used to say: "If it sounds too good to be true ... it is!" ;)

If there is a design to copy for fast and efficient then the Piaggio is it.. BUT.. the specs are a little, umm, "optimistic" I'd say

70 knots faster than a DA62 and almost half the weight.. that alone seems very optimistic; never mind the pressurization

The TP100 engines weigh about 140lb each. 1,700lb empty weight is ambitious, for sure, but I’d say possible.

Three-surface planes can be awfully slippery if everything’s right. Interesting project.
Yep, 3 lifting surfaces is the Avanti's secret

I misread the title as "Tiny Piaggo with Raptor GOATS," and the mental image was interesting...

Ron Wanttaja

Flying goats would be terrifying. And they probably wouldn't taste any better than regular goats.

It's like Raptor and a Twin had a baby or something.o_O:rollercoaster:

Good catch. But not all 3 will be lifting, unless they move the wing a lot farther forward... :)
I don’t know, the big wing on the Piaggio is pretty far aft. I did fail out of aerospace engineering though so I’ve got the paperwork proving I literally don’t know what I’m talking about. Best I can do is TLARing (luvflyin that means That Looks About Right) a picture of a similar layout.

I will be adding this one to the stable of planes I daydream about buying with the lottery winnings I’ll never get.

They need to tie these venture capital things to a good online gambling site. I'd invest money in betting whatever that is never gets off the ground in anything close to the 3d image. What odds would I get? Hint - the CG is way f***d up.

I think the CG range would start a little forward of the leading edge. Three-surface airplanes are weird. Even weirder than canards.

The only thing missing to make this a believable possibility is the all in price tag of $200K USD from the factory. So where do I mail my deposit?

Looks like about 28’ wing span at most. Is that enough?

I don’t know, the big wing on the Piaggio is pretty far aft. I did fail out of aerospace engineering though so I’ve got the paperwork proving I literally don’t know what I’m talking about. Best I can do is TLARing (luvflyin that means That Looks About Right) a picture of a similar layout.

I will be adding this one to the stable of planes I daydream about buying with the lottery winnings I’ll never get.

You're ahead of me...my aerospace engineering background consists of work on RC planes, with the balance sorted out with dowels and strings. And the Piaggio doesn't look right to me, either. Wiki says that Piaggio gets 20% of lift from the body itself, which explains the forward looking CG. But the nfg doesn't have the same shape fuselage. It looks symmetrical, so it wouldn't be making much lift without more aoa than the wings. And now I feel bad for giving clues to the potential designer.

Hey I drew something like that up years ago. 6 seats, high wing, 3 lifting surfaces, but I was going with big piston engines. Even I knew the thing was going to weigh a lot more than 3k lbs :lol:

To be fair, it does say future pressurization. Still seems extremely optimistic on the specs, though.

If they pressurize it with helium, maybe it'll help with the weight requirement.

So this showed up on my faceballs feed this morning:
Screenshot_20210823-064754_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210823-064804_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210823-064813_Facebook.jpg

With the thread title, I thought this was going to be about an Italian gangster.
Seriously, the OPs posted article says 3k gross for the current 4-seat model, that might be possible, a DA42 with heavy engines is about 3900 gross. But I'd think the 6-seater would be more like 3k in kilograms.

Last edited:
That target MGW is a work of fiction for a pressurized 4-6 seat twin.

So I guess all you need to get VC these days is the ability to sketch a plane in flight sim and make a web page. My teenager should give this a try, except he has moral scruples.

At least they got the color of the lights on the wingtips correct.
upload_2021-8-23_8-55-4.jpeg

This thing is popping up, everywhere.
Have to give them top marks for aggressive marketing.

Recently released video of pressurization testing.

….testing continues…

Does this pie in the sky come a la mode or is ice cream extra?

This thing is popping up, everywhere.
Have to give them top marks for aggressive marketing.
Yep. Just hit their site and got:
===========
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

===========

So either they got a lot of people trying to look at their stuff or they have a really tiny data cap.

I'm going with the latter.

Yep. Just hit their site and got:
===========
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
===========

So either they got a lot of people trying to look at their stuff or they have a really tiny data cap.

I'm going with the latter.
Priorities for money must be R&D.

lol

I especially love the backwards facing nose gear and nose gear door in the renderings..

Based on this mock up I can't figure out how the nose gear actually retracts.. picture the fulcrum and swing. It's impossible.

View attachment 99405
Adding to that. The wing is too thin to house even the struts on the mains when they retract.

I especially love the backwards facing nose gear and nose gear door in the renderings..

Based on this mock up I can't figure out how the nose gear actually retracts.. picture the fulcrum and swing. It's impossible.

View attachment 99405
The trailing link main gear will make for some smooth daydream landings though.

I couldn’t put my finger on it right away, but finally figured out the design inspiration for the inlet on the front of the engine nacelle:
I wonder if that’s the same sound the engines will make?

The trailing link main gear will make for some smooth daydream landings though.
ha! the Aztec I was renting for a bit had rather "low" struts... it sat low but man every landing was a greaser. I mentioned it to the owner and the plane since nice and high now but somehow my landings aren't nearly as soft anymore!

Those windows look awfully big for a pressurized airframe capable of cruising at 35,000 feet with decent cabin altitude.

Are those air intakes even half the size they would need to be? Not seeing any exhaust, either.

I love how in the glowing description they mention several built prototypes... and then provide renderings. Where's the photos, guys?

Back